SOCIAL WORKER I, FAMILY SERVICES
|Department||Department of Human Services|
|Date Opened||8/9/2012 8:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,649.00 - $66,995.00/year with growth potential up to $82,727.00/year|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
This is a statewide recruitment for the Department of Human Services (DHS). The posting is open and continuous; we accept applications for this classification year round. The resulting eligible list will be used to fill current and future Social Worker I, Family Services vacancies within DHS and its offices, located in each of Maryland's counties and in Baltimore City. Applicants should indicate on their applications all counties (or Baltimore City) where they are willing to accept employment for this classification.
A master’s degree with the specific major title of “Social Work” (MSW) is the only acceptable education qualification for this classification. You must possess an MSW, or be within six months of receiving one, to meet minimum qualifications for this classification; there are no substitutions. Please clearly indicate your college education information on your application.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Applicants should indicate on their applications all counties (or Baltimore City) where they are willing to accept employment for this classification. As positions become available, our Local Departments of Social Services will consider approved candidates from the eligible list.
PLEASE NOTE...WE HAVE A CURRENT VACANCY AT OUR KENT COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES (350 High Street, Chestertown MD 21620)
This is intermediate level of professional social work providing preventive or protective services to vulnerable adults, children or families. Cases involve suspected child or adult abuse or neglect, out of home placement, guardianship or emergency protective orders, adoption or adult case management. Employees in this classification do not supervise.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
NOTE: These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Human Services Article, Title 4, Subtitle 2, Section 204(c)(1) of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits and the Department of Human Resources, Examination Services Unit do not have authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Graduate Social Worker (on or by June 30, 2018), Master Social Worker (on or after July 1, 2018), Certified Social Worker or Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to permanent appointment. Please attach/upload with your application a copy of any Maryland Social Work licensure you possess.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees who have not already done so must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test before being granted permanent employment status.
2. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Resources. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best-Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for twelve months. This list will be used by hiring agencies to select employees as positions become available.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, Attention: LaToura Jones, 311 West Saratoga Street, First Floor, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org: Voice 410-767-8844, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation.
The paper application must be received by 5 PM on the closing date for the recruitment.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay, 1-800-925-4434.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|