FILL OUT THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY.
application is part of the examination process. Your answers will
determine your eligibility to participate in the next phase of the
describe your qualifications in detail. Credit cannot be given for
education, training, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities that you
fail to indicate.
- Do not leave
any answer spaces blank; if a question does not apply, write
you may attach a resume to further describe your qualification, it does
not substitute for completing the application form. An incomplete
application form may result in disqualification. Do NOT write "see
resume" in your work history or responses to supplemental questions.
to comply with these instructions may result in disqualification.
- Read the Job Announcement carefully for specific filing
instructions, supplemental questions, and final filing dates.
This is a
Management Service position which serves at the pleasure of the Appointing
LOCATION OF POSITION
Strawberry Point Road
The main purpose of this managerial level of professional work is in the procurement of specialized aviation and medical equipment, services, supplies and other needs of the Department of Maryland State Police, Aviation Command. All must be obtained through the competitive procurement process, negotiated procurement process and other procurement methods. Employees in this classification provide expert agency procurement technical interpretation, instruction, guidance and assistance in accordance with State laws and regulations. Employees in this classification supervise lower-level Procurement Officers.
Directly oversee that procurement procedures
are being followed by each employee as stipulated in COMAR Title 21.
Responsibility of making sure that both small and minority businesses are
included in the procurement process. Reviewing bids that are returned to
Aviation Command to ensure that each bid meets the specified qualifications set
forth in the bid package. Oversees all follow-up administration of all purchase
orders issued by the procurement personnel.
Ensure that quality control is maintained
on all aviation commodities received by Aviation Command and at each Helicopter
Section. Periodic physical inspections of various items to ensure that the
products ordered and received are the same.
Ensure that stock records and inventory
levels are reviewed by procurement personnel to determine periods of
Overseeing the daily work generated by all procurement
personnel to ensure deadlines and special handling requests are met. Maintain
all updates and modifications to FMIS and ADPICS (the purchase order entry
screen) to ensure that all purchase orders are done correctly and in a timely
This position is responsible for reviewing
and interpreting all procurement regulations in order to assist all Aviation Command
personnel on their unique procurement requirements.
This position is responsible for assuring
that subordinate employees are adequately trained on procedures to effectively
manage and perform various procurement requests.
Develops contract specifications including
performance and acceptable standards, payment terms, contract management
elements, contract modifications contract renewals and advertisement
requirements in accordance with State procurement procedures, laws and
regulations for the procurement of all necessary services, supplies, equipment,
real estate, construction, indefinite quality contracts, facilities maintenance
Examines bid proposals to determine issues
of responsiveness and responsibility and the need for additional information.
Conducts debriefings when requested by
Assembles statistical and narrative data
and prepares reports for use in evaluating State procurement activity and
Education: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
Experience: Four (4) years of professional public sector procurement, or private sector contracting experience, which includes activities such as soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts, advertising procurement opportunities, distributing specifications to vendors, coordinating bidder evaluation committees, conducting vendor debriefings, monitoring contract performance, eProcurement management, professional certification or procurement business operations
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies, and procedures for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Purchasing Manager from the Institute for Supply Management/National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Procurement Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Procurement Officials) for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute a Doctorate of Jurisprudence (JD) degree or a Master’s degree in Business Administration for two years of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in contracting, industrial management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Procurement experience within a government agency.
2. Experience using the Maryland Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not done so must obtain and possess certification as a Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
In accordance with Section 2-204(b)(6) of the Public Safety Article, Candidates for position in this
classification will be subject to an initial drug screening and a complete criminal background
investigation to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A
criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
who meet the minimum qualifications will be included for further evaluation.
The evaluation will include rating your application based on education,
training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position.
The examination will consist of a rating of your
education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position.
You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may
be based on your application. Report all experience and education that is
related to this position. Applicants may be given a physical examination and
will be subject to an interview, background investigation, polygraph
examination and substance abuse testing.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading
one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload
ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts,
resumes, etc.) as one file.
you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail.
The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed
Maryland State Police, Aviation
3023 Strawberry Point Road
Middle River, MD 21230
Attn: Christina Blake
TTY Users: call via Maryland
thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to
is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable
federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide
equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression,
genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national
origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation
or any other protected status.