Coastal and Marine Engineer
|DNR - Watershed Services
|4/25/2022 11:59:00 PM
|5/10/2022 11:59:00 PM
|$54,822.00 - $89,738.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This is a full-time position with state benefits based out of Annapolis, MD. Travel is required to sites across Maryland’s coastal zone to conduct site assessments and other fieldwork.
Experience: Nine years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in: Civil, Environmental, Water Resources or Mechanical Engineering; Environmental Science or Biology (or related field); Landscape Architecture.
- Technical knowledge of coastal ecology, estuarine habitats, climate change, ecosystem restoration, and waterfront boating facility construction.
- Experience with visualization or mapping software, such as ESRI ArcGIS or AutoCAD.
- Experience designing coastal and marine construction projects (e.g., riparian, living shoreline, wetland restoration, stream restoration, boating infrastructure).
- Knowledge of climate change and its potential impacts on the built and natural environments.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Click on the link below to apply:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.