ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
|Department||MSDE - Division of Career and College Readiness|
|Date Opened||9/9/2019 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/23/2019 1:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,669.00 - $69,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This is a skilled service position responsible for providing fiscal, administrative, logistical, and technical support to staff in the Division of Career and College Readiness which includes the Office of Leadership Development and School Improvement.
The Finance Administrator is responsible for 1) managing and tracking financial records and processes; 2) entering and monitoring data in the Notice of Grant Awards (NOGA) system and Financial Management Information Systems (FMIS): 3) reconciling expenses; 4) developing correspondences; 5)managing incoming mail, telephone, and email requests and 6) managing general office functions.
- Manages and reconciles credit statements.
- Inputs and monitors data in the Financial Management Information Systems (FMIS) and Notice of Grant Awards (NOGA) System.
- Develops and implements a financial monitoring system to track grants, expenditures, and other Division funds.
- Confirms the availability of funds and prepares for the disbursement of funds (federal and/or state) in order to fulfill grant and/or contract obligations to local school systems, community colleges and other eligible recipients according to requisitions for payment, grant award allocations and federal and state regulations and policies.
- Verifies payment of federal funds, following departmental procedures, in response to inquiries from local school system, community colleges and other eligible recipients. Maintains financial records and prepares balance and other related financial reports for Division funds by budgeted activities to provide complete, accurate data on expenditures by revenue source and activity
- Provides general administrative support to team members to prepare materials, documents, transmittals, and correspondences.
- Screens, analyzes, categorizes, and prioritizes incoming correspondences and disseminates to appropriate staff for efficiency in expediting a response according to MSDE and the Division of Career and College Readiness policies and procedures.
- Follows Division of Career and College Readiness style guide and office protocols.
- Implements MSDE accessibility requirements in the development of documents, PowerPoints, and other public facing resources.
- Maintains current and accurate databases of Superintendents of Schools, local directors of career and technical education, community college presidents and community college Perkins Plan Coordinators, and financial representatives for career and technical education programs to ensure accuracy in sending correspondence, notification of grant awards, notification of award amendments and modifications and other related materials.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Six (6) months of FMIS experience
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are preferred, not required:
- NOGA System experience
- Accounts Payable and Account Receivable experience
- Grant Management experience (input management, federal reporting)
- Microsoft Office Suite experience (Excel, Access, and Word)
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Please do not put "See Resume" in the job duties section of your application; your application will be considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Human Resources, Attention: Marcia Cooper-Stokes, 200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
Paper application materials must be received by the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-8950. Include the first and last name, recruitment 19-006071-0006 (Administrative Officer III) and the last 4 digits of the SS#. Only solicited materials will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Human Resources at 410-767-0019.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
MD TTY Relay Service
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.