|Department||LABOR Workforce Dev - Adult Corrections Program|
|Date Opened||1/6/2020 10:44:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/20/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,525.00 - $52,026.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Brittany Small|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of appropriate educational credentials as determined by the Maryland State Board of Education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Possess a minimum of three (3) years of verifiable, satisfactory, occupational experience directly in Office Technology as it relates to the following:
1. Candidates who possess current Trades and Industry Certification with MSDE that is directly related to Carpentry.
2. Candidates who possess a bachelor’s or higher degree in a state-approved career and technology program from an Institution of Higher Education and have a minimum of two (2) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Carpentry (within ten (10) years and include one (1) year full-time employment)
3. Candidates who possess a bachelor’s or higher degree in industrial arts/technology education, industrial technology, or in the trade to be taught from an Institution of Higher Education and have a minimum of two (2) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Carpentry (within ten (10) years and include one (1) year full time employment).
4. Candidates who possess an associate degree in the trade to be taught or a bachelor’s or higher degree from an Institution of Higher Education and have a minimum of three (3) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Carpentry (within ten (10) years and includes (1) year full time employment).
5. Candidates who possess a secondary school diploma and a minimum of three (3) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Carpentry within ten (10) years and including one (1) year full time employment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Teachers in State operated school programs are required to acquire and maintain certification to teach in the State of Maryland per Section 6-101 of the Education Article of the Annotated Code and Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) 13A.12.01.03B(2). Applicants recommended for appointment will be required to complete an Authorization and Verification of Credentials. Information on requirements for certification and procedures for application may be obtained from the Maryland State Board of Education, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-2595.
Additional educational credits beyond the Advanced Professional Certificate must meet the following criteria established by the Institutional Educators Pay Plan Committee in order to qualify for application toward the APC plus 30 (60) levels:
Credits must be beyond the education level held at the time the educational requirements for the Advanced Professional Certificate were met and must either relate to the current job responsibilities or be part of an employer approved program of study. Credits mean semester hours from a regionally accredited college or university or Maryland State Department of Education approved workshops. No more than one half of any additional credits applied to these criteria may be earned through Maryland Department of Education approved workshops.
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (DLLR/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to DLLR/DUI as a result of an unemployment insurance overpayment and/or fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
All candidates are also subject to a criminal background check.
Applicants must provide sufficient information on the application to show they meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
All information concerning the qualifications, including submittal of any required documentation (diplomas, transcripts, certificates, licenses, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Failure to include all relevant education and experience on your application will result in your application being disqualified from further consideration.
Applications that meet qualifications will be referred to the hiring unit for interview selection. Units will select those candidates most closely demonstrating the qualifications for interview.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of your training, education, and experience provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific supplemental qualifications and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.).
Successful candidates will be placed on the certified list categorized as Best Qualified, Better Qualified or Qualified. The certified list will be used by DLLR for a period of one year.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required optional documentation, you may submit via email or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland Department of Labor
Attn: Brittany Small 19-002713-0001
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 100
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Brittany Small at Brittany.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MD State Application Form can be found online
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Maryland Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Maryland Department of Labor that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.