Sr. Investment Analyst III MSRP
Senior Investment Analyst
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||11/5/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/3/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$101,313.00 - $141,839.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shirley Williams|
The Maryland State Retirement Agency is the administrator of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System. The System is a multi-employer, public employees' benefit retirement system composed of twelve (12) separate retirement and pension systems with additional plan components, covering approximately 200,000 active members and more than 150,000 retirees and beneficiaries.
The Agency is seeking a Real Assets investment professional to serve as Senior Investment Analyst in the Real Assets unit of the Investment Division. The Senior Investment Analyst reports directly to the Managing Director of Real Assets. Under the direction of the Managing Director, the Senior Investment Analyst will assist in the sourcing, evaluating, recommending, monitoring and reporting of portfolio investments.
This is a Management Service position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Retirement Agency
120 East Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Main Purpose of Job
The incumbent will work as part of the Real Assets team that ensures prudent investment of System assets in a well-diversified manner to optimize long-term returns while controlling risk and providing oversight of external managers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Investment research, analytics, idea generation and recommendations
- Manager monitoring, compliance and due diligence.
- Contract negotiations and ongoing communication with mangers.
- Strong knowledge of both public and private natural resources and infrastructure markets is preferred. The position may evolve into covering parts of the real estate portfolio as well.
- Project management and other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 10% of the time, which may include some international travel.
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor degree.
Experience: Five year of experience in business or finance with an analytical focus or other relevant experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Institutional investment experience is highly preferred, particularly in performing due diligence on commingled funds and investment managers within private and public natural resources and infrastructure.
- Five years of experience in the financial services industry performing investment research and providing investment analysis/recommendations.
- Five years of experience in a plan sponsor environment.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of investment management; appropriate safeguard and risk mitigants in an investment program, as well as knowledge of one or more investment asset classes.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, or Finance.
- Certification as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), please include a copy of your certification with your application.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
Due to the confidential nature of the work, selected candidates must undergo and pass a background check.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (by the closing date) to:
DBM/Recruitment & Examination Division
301 West Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
Please include a cover letter and resume. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-4906.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|