HR ANALYST SR DBM
|Department||DBM OPSB Executive Direction|
|Date Opened||1/11/2019 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,897.00 - $81,680.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cheryl Murphy|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Budget and Management
Office of Personnel Services and Benefits
Employee and Labor Relations Division
301 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of professional HR experience in the areas of either job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, employee relations, labor relations, test development and validation, recruitment and examination, employee services, employee benefits, HR management or HR system support services.
1. Additional professional HR experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Thirty graduate semester credits from an accredited college or university in the field of HR/personnel administration, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, industrial organization, psychology or other related field may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of the required experience.
3. For employee or labor relations positions, a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited school of law may be substituted for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Human Resources classifications or Human Resources specialty codes in the Personnel field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The preferred candidate will have:
- Possession of a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited school of law
- Coursework from an accredited school of law in Employment Law, Labor Law, Trial Advocacy, or Administrative Law
- Experience in Employment Law, Labor Law, or acting as an advocate in trials or hearings
- Excellent communication skills
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. All application materials must be received in our office no later than the closing date for this recruitment. If you are unable to upload your additional materials, they may be mailed to this address.
If you have any questions about this recruitment or have any difficulties with your online application, you may call 410-767-4850 or email email@example.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay