Procurement Officer I
|Department||DHCD - Division of Finance and Administration|
|Date Opened||9/12/2019 4:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,477.00 - $60,183/year (with promotional growth to $74,191.00)|
|HR Analyst||Kathleen Hubbard|
LOCATION OF POSITION
The main purpose of this job is to provide support of a financial, analytical and administrative nature to employees in the Department while maintaining strong internal controls, thereby supporting the goals and mission of DHCD and the Division, as described in the Managing for Results (MFR) documents.
A Procurement Officer I is the full performance level of professional work, for State agency positions, in the procurement of equipment, services, construction, supplies, information technology and other needs which are obtained through the competitive process, negotiated procurement process and procurement methods. Employees in this classification receive general supervision and provide agency procurement technical interpretation, instruction, guidance and assistance in accordance with State laws and regulations.
1. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university, at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not done so already must obtain and possess certification as a Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification. Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Please note: The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to Department of Housing and Community Development, Office of Human Resources, 7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD. 20706. Paper application materials must be received by close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.