Deputy State Exercise Officer (POSTING EXTENDED)
|Department||Maryland Emergency Management Agency|
|Date Opened||10/30/2019 11:39:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/2/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$23.66 - $30.70/hour|
|HR Analyst||Kristi Metzger|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
NOTE: This position operates within an on-call rotating schedule according to assignment within the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) to attend to all emergencies on a statewide 24/7 basis.
This position reports to the Training & Exercise Unit Lead and the Manager of the Preparedness Branch. This position serves the State of Maryland, its State Agencies, and local jurisdictions in developing exercise materials and facilitating and delivering discussion-based and operations-based exercises. Although this position will focus on exercise development, it will also require classroom instruction and course curriculum development. This position supports State and local efforts related to statewide training and exercise delivery. The position will also support Agency programs, projects, and activities related to the overall Agency mission, and may be tasked to support other duties as assigned by the Manager of the Preparedness Branch In order to fulfill these responsibilities, this position requires strong communication, managerial, supervisory, and leadership skills, as well as strong technical and presentation skills.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Deputy State Exercise Officer, including the overseeing of exercise team personnel; the design, development, and execution of both discussion based and operations based exercises; and supporting local jurisdiction and State agency exercise support request. Provide coordination and project management for exercise programs and activities.
- Training Development and Delivery. This position supports the development of training curriculum and materials. This position deliveries training courses.
- Exercise Development and Facilitation. This position leads the development of exercise materials and facilitating and delivering discussion-based and operations-based exercises.
- Support the Agency’s statewide activities, including developing curriculum and delivering training.
- Support MEMA’s strategic goals and objectives for emergency management.
- Support Maryland’s strategic goals and objectives for homeland security.
- Support and participate in Consequence Management Directorate and overall Agency initiatives and programs.
- Emergency and disaster prevention, response, and recovery operations as needed and/or assigned by agency Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, Directors, or Consequence Management personnel.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- 1 year of experience designing, developing, facilitating and executing exercises
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Graduate degree
- Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) Training
- Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP) Certification
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|