Building Systems Manager
|Department||DGS Facilities Operations and Maintenance|
|Date Opened||1/3/2019 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857 - $75,012/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Ari Ross|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is with the Maryland Department of General Services, Facilities Operations & Maintenance Division, CMMS Unit, located at 301 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Main Purpose of Job
This position will function as the Building Systems Manager for all DGS Facilities Operations and Maintenance (FOM) building equipment, within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) unit. This position will specifically handle the equipment layout, equipment data, technical monitoring and computerized maintenance for all DGS managed buildings. This is a new position that is being incorporated into the CMMS unit. The employee in this classification will receive general supervision from the CMMS Program Manager.
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
Building Systems Management – 40%
· Oversees and manages creation of detailed equipment layouts in the CMMS. Responsible for creating and maintaining equipment hierarchy in the CMMS system, creating and monitoring preventive maintenance programs, and assessing equipment performance.
· Inspects and maintains testing records for mechanical, electrical, sensory and imaging equipment to perform failure analysis reports.
Reporting – 30%
· Field verify weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly performance metrics for reporting; interpret data metrics from building equipment.
· Prepare recommendations for corrective action on maintenance problems. For example, recommend equipment replacement vs. equipment repair, using CMMS data.
· Perform data analysis on parts usage, monitor equipment failures, and maintenance quality audits; recommend, initiate, and manage improvement projects.
· Create and maintain reliability reports in the CMMS to ensure easy access to all equipment data (specifications, maintenance and repair records, repair costs, installation dates and warranty information) and other reports for field equipment.
Administration – 30%
· Assist with the direction and coordination of the CMMS program.
· Represent the CMMS program in a relationship with executive management, senior staff, the CMMS vendor, outside vendors, and DGS department management.
· This position will require traveling throughout the State to DGS FOM-managed facilities.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
1. One (1) year of experience in the field of building systems management is required. This experience must include working with building equipment layouts, equipment data, technical monitoring and computerized maintenance within buildings.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
1. Building maintenance / construction experience and building maintenance / construction systems experience is preferred.
2. Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills are preferred.
3. Strong database management skills are preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to support that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications MUST BE submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. We highly recommend that you submit your transcript when you apply for the position.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – Verification will be completed by the appointing authority. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of an examination. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week. You must include on your application the time spent on such activity. You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Applicants are encouraged to upload proof of education (transcripts), professional license and certifications, when applicable, during the recruitment process as these items will be required at the time of selection.
Contact email@example.com or call 410-767-4988 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dbm.maryland.gov – click on the State Jobs tab. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Room 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|