ADMINISTRATOR I- Contractual
|Department||DHS - Office of the Secretary|
|Date Opened||10/31/2019 07:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$21.53 - $27.87/hour|
|HR Analyst||Dylan Santos|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in English.
- Strong writing, editing and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. It is important that you report all related education and experience that is relevant to this recruitment qualifications. All information concerning your qualifications, including a copy of your diploma or transcripts must be provided if selected for an interview. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list. The resulting list may be used for future vacancies with this agency or other state agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. If selected for an interview, you will be required to provide an official transcript. For all foreign education obtained outside the U. S. you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service if selected for an interview.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to the Department of Human Services, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Attn: D. Greene, Room 131, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Information received after the closing date will not be considered. Application inquiries may be directed to 410-767-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.