VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR II- Contractual
|Department||DHS - Citizen's Review Board for Children|
|Date Opened||10/28/2019 1:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/11/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$15.38 - $19.71/hour|
|HR Analyst||Deenna Greene|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Citizens Review Board for Children
1100 Eastern Boulevard
Essex MD 21221
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university to include 30 credit hours in social sciences, journalism, or public relations or a related field.
Experience: Two years experience involving planning, coordinating and evaluating volunteer activities in a state facility, institution or community-based program.
1. Additional experience as defined above may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Graduate level education in social sciences, journalism, public relations or a related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for experience at a rate of 30 college credits for one year of the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Experience working with computer software, i.e.: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, and Publisher.
- Excellent communication skill.
- Skill in planning, organizing, coordinating and supervising programs and activities involving large groups.
- Knowledge of Child Welfare programs.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Persons appointed to positions in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. It is important that you report all related education and experience that is relevant to this recruitment qualifications. We will not consider information submitted after this date. For all foreign education obtained outside the U. S. you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list. The resulting list may be used for future vacancies with this agency or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to the Department of Human Services, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, Attn: HRDT, Room 141. The paper application must be received by the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Information received after the closing date will not be considered. Application inquiries may be directed to (410) 767-7414.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.