HUMAN SERVICE SPECIALIST IV
|Department||DHS Family Investment Admin Director's Office|
|Date Opened||8/6/2019 4:16:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,669.00 - $69,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
This is a Position Specific Recruitment for Department of Human Services, Family Investment Administration. This recruitment has been extended and the Selective Qualification has been amended. If you previously applied, there is no need to reapply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
FAMILY INVESTMENT ADMINISTRATION
311 W. SARATOGA STREET
BALTIMORE, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for providing program and system training to the Department of Human Services (DHS) personnel including but not limited to the Family Investment Administration (FIA) employees, vendors and key stakeholders. The Policy Trainer will design and implement FIA training material for new and tenured employees and provide program, system and policy training that meets the needs of the organization, reports to the Director of Training within the FIA's Office of Programs, Office of Policy and Training. The incumbent in this position creates, prepares and maintains educational aides and training material.
Delivers statewide training for DHS employees, key stakeholders and vendors to provide program, system and policy instructions that meet the needs of the organization; provides customer service to both internal and external customers that meet or exceed the standards set by the Department. Analyzes and interprets Family Investment Administration (FIA) program policies to formulate recommendations to increase the operating efficiency for all Department of Human Services (DHS) employees; constructs and delivers post-training assessments and prepares final report and evaluation of the associated FIA program and/or policy. Develops, writes, and prepares FIA program training material; maintains proficient knowledge of all FIA programs that meet specific training needs for new and tenured case managers. Creates and administers FIA training evaluations to ensure instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills and key performance indicators; participates in creating needs assessment surveys to design, develop and deliver training on new or existing programs and procedures; and travels throughout the state with overnight stays. Serves as a training liaison for FIA programs and provides technical assistance on FIA programs and procedures; collaborates with internal and external stakeholders; participates in system design workgroups and projects, and user acceptance testing.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations.
1. Additional professional or technical experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Education at the graduate level at an accredited college or university in a human services related field may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester hours per year for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Administrative Officer classifications and Administrative Officer specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Officer Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of experience writing and interpreting policies OR delivery of statewide trainings for a human service program.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. One year experience assessing training needs for Family Investment Administration or a human service program.
2. One year experience designing and implementing training material for FIA or a human service program.
3. One year experience coordinating, planning, developing, monitoring, evaluating and assessing FIA or a human service program's training needs.
4. Three years experience in the following FIA programs such as: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Temporary Disability Assistance Program and Public Assistance to Adults.
5. Two years experience using Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to create presentations and reports.
6. Knowledge of the eligibility rules associated with Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) Medical Assistance, Non-MAGI Medical Assistance and the Child Care Scholarship Program (CCSP).
7. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing - correct written grammar and usage.
8. Willingness to travel throughout the state with overnight stays.
9. Willingness to learn to use and teach courses using alternative delivery methods, e.g., telecourses and webinars.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|