|Department||DJS Southern Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||10/28/2019 2:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/12/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25,401.00 - $39,284.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Bonnie Smith|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Waxter Children's Center
375 Red Clay Rd., Laurel, MD
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Three years of experience in food preparation at a public or governmental establishment, such as a restaurant, hospital or comparable institution involving the cooking of meats and vegetables and the preparation of salads and beverages.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited vocational/technical high school with a major in food service or a related field for up to two years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Culinary classifications or Food Services specialty codes in the Equipment Services and Facilities field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Three years of experience in the preparation of food involving the cooking meats and vegetables and the preparation of salads and beverage's in an institutional setting such as hospitals, nursing homes, universities and correctional facilities.
2. Possession of a High School Diploma/GED.
3. Possession of a ServSafe Certification.
4. One (1) year experience in the Federal Child Nutrition Program.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the date.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as Qualified, Better Qualified, or Best Qualified. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a period of one year. This list will be sued by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
If you have completed education outside the US, you will need to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. A paper application may be mailed to the address below or faxed to the fax number below. If you choose fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online application or paper application. Applications must be received by the closing date no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment and Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Bonnie Smith
Fax Number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other state agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.