FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER I
|Department||DHS - Worcester County DSS|
|Date Opened||11/6/2019 12:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$28,559.00 - $44,455.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
THIS POSTING HAS BEEN EXTENDED.
THIS POSITION IS LIMITED TO EMPLOYEES CURRENTLY WORKING AT THE MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES.
LOCATION OF POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
WORCHESTER COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
SERVICES UNIT/CHILD WELFARE/IN HOME SERVICES
299 COMMERCE STREET
SNOW HILL, MD 21863
Providing in home support services that enables individuals to maintain their independence and well-being, assists in preserving the family structure, promoting a functional home environment and teaching clients to make use of available community resources. Work as member of the services team and visit client's home to identify needs.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience providing support services to children or adults through teaching and demonstrating practical living skills in order to promote and maintain independent living or assist in preserving the family structure.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above or experience in child or adult care giving, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute nine credit hours from an accredited college or university in a human service program or human development program such as child development, sociology, social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, criminology, juvenile justice, human growth and development, human services, or mental health for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Social Services classifications or Social Services specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal candidate would possess:
1. One year of experience working with children and/or families.
2. One year of experience using Microsoft Office Word to create documents and/or reports.
3. One year of experience using Google Gmail/Calendar and/or the Maryland Children's Electronic Social Services Information Exchange System (MD CHESSIE).
4. One year of experience interacting and explaining information to internal and external customers.
5. Possession of a valid motor vehicle license in the State of Maryland to transport customers to appointments, etc.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
THIS POSITION IS LIMITED TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES WORKING AT THE MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Some positions in this classification may be assigned duties that require the employees to acquire and maintain a license as a Certified Nursing Assistant or a Geriatric Nursing Assistant from the Maryland Board of Nursing at 4201 Patterson Avenue Baltimore, Maryland 21215. Information may be obtained at www.mbon.org/main.php. Obtaining this license within a specified time may be a condition of appointment or probation for these types of positions.
1. Employees in this classification who work with families with dependent children must successfully complete an approved entry-level training program before permanent appointment to positions.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to have access to and use their personal automobile in order to transport clients. Verification of appropriate vehicle insurance, which shall include coverage for transporting clients, must be provided to the department prior to performance of transport duties. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for the use of a privately owned vehicle.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|