MCE REGIONAL MANAGER
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||7/30/2018 2:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/13/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Starting salary $53,193.00/year (With potential growth to $85,401.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Erin Alston|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Meets with Plant Managers to assign/review production schedules,
- Works with Plant Managers to develop/review production methods and procedures.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of cost estimates on large orders and special projects.
- Assists Plant Managers in the development of quality control procedures and assures implementation.
- Regularly inspects plants to ensure safety and security procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Responsible for assuring on time deliveries of products and services provided and services provided by plants.
- Responsible for assuring efficient and timely new plant start-ups for their region of responsibility.
- Trains and motivates Plant Managers in both production and administrative functions.
- Must have first hand knowledge of open order book.
- Attends and participate in weekly institutional meetings.
- Participates in Institutional Classification Meeting concerning qualifications and selection of inmate employees for MCE plants.
- Prepare and provide reports for ACA Standards/Audit Department.
- Assists in planning and approves delivery schedule for multiple plant
- Coordinate pick-ups with warehouse, plant and customer.
- Responsible for overall quality control from plant to warehouse to customer.
- Assists Plant Managers, Marketing, sales and Operations with developing new products.
- Holds regular staff meetings with plant managers for updates, problem solving, and briefing on MCE, Institutional and Division changes in policies and procedures.
- Review and approve requisitions for raw materials, tools and equipment.
- Prepares reports on stock movement, receipt of goods, raw materials withdrawn, work orders and time and payroll records for civilian and inmate employees.
- Maintain proper plant coverage by rotating employees when needed.
- Visits customers to resolve problems, make sales calls and assist them in specifying their needs.
- Attends monthly and quarterly meetings for profit and loss and regional updates.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have firsthand knowledge of Graphics shop production scheduling.
- Additional experience in production manufacturing and financial reports, income statement reviews, stock movement, receipt of goods, raw material withdrawn and work orders a plus.
- Knowledge of large format printing, laser engraving and associated development process and strategy is preferred.
- Hands on job planning, pre-press, press, bindery and computer to plate experience with the ability to troubleshoot most common print related files issues is preferred.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Thorough understanding of the printing process.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products to include: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Selected applicants MUST successfully complete a full background investigation.
Employees who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide all the experience and education that is related to this position completely and accurately. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered. Please include it on your application, if applicable. This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.). Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
HRSD - Recruitment and Examination Division
300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1000
Baltimore, MD 21286
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Erin Alston at email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.