SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR, FAMILY SERVICES
IN HOME SERVICES SUPERVISOR
|Department||DHS - Wicomico County DSS|
|Date Opened||6/11/2018 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/4/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $60,815.00 with the potential growth up to $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Leslie Wigfield|
THIS IS A POSITION SPECIFIC RECRUITMENT FOR DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES, WICOMICO COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES. THE CLOSING DATE HAS BEEN EXTENDED.
(This recruitment will be used to fill multiple Supervisor vacancies in the Department's Social Services Administration Supervisory structure, in the areas of (but not limited to): Foster Care Services, Child Protective Services, In-Home Services, and Adult Services).
LOCATION OF POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
WICOMICO COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
201 BAPTIST STREET
SALISBURY, MD 21801
Main Purpose of Job
This position provides supervision to caseworkers in one of four units: Child Protective Services, In-Home Services, Foster Care Services, or Adult Welfare Services. The position plans, coordinates, supervises, and evaluates the work of licensed social workers, caseworkers, and related support staff, as well as instructing staff in administrative and operating policies and procedures.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
Experience: Three years of experience providing child welfare or adult services to vulnerable children, individuals or families.
1. These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Section 1 of Article 88A of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have one year or more of experience in any of the following area(s):
- Foster Care Services
- Child Protective Services
- In-Home Services
- Adult Services
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Limited to candidates willing to accept employment in Salisbury, MD.
(Salisbury is located about two hours east of Washington, DC; two hours southeast of Baltimore, MD; and three hours south of Philadelphia, PA).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a certified social worker or certified social worker-clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners for a period of time specified by the Board prior to appointment to social work supervisor positions in State service. (COMAR 10.42.08.04(2) (b) effective July 1, 2004.)
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees who have not already done so must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test before being granted permanent employment status.
2. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Resources. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to your job duties.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
Department of Human Services
Examination Services Unit
Attention: LaToura Jones
311 W. Saratoga Street, First Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Or, fax requested information to: 410-333-0882; Email firstname.lastname@example.org: Voice 410-767-8844, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation.
The paper application must be received by 5 PM on the closing date for the recruitment.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay, 1-800-925-4434.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.