CORRECTIONAL SECURITY CHIEF
|Department||Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs|
|Date Opened||8/6/2018 7:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/20/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,743.00 - $91,107.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christine Walls|
This is a MANAGEMENT SERVICES position with the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services. The incumbent serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
There are multiple vacancies located throughout the State of Maryland. Therefore, the resulting eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. When completing the application, please select all locations in which you are willing to work.
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Supervise uniformed correctional staff in order to assure safety and security of inmates, employees and the public as measured by a review of completed annual efficiency ratings, institutional training records and other official records verifying compliance with state, department and division of human resource rules and regulations and established correctional standards.
· Develop and implement institutional security policies, monitor and analyze security programs within the facility by coordinating inspections, searches and implementing other directives related to security operations.
· Ensure the development of emergency plans is clear, concise and current.
· Coordinate the control of inmate movement, review and make recommendations concerning institutional post orders, policies and procedures and ensure investigations are completed in a timely manner.
· Make recommendations concerning security enhancements, expenditures as measured by a review of the budget and modifications made to meet immediate and long term security needs. Review audit compliance audit reports, serious incident reports and other documents reflecting the overall soundness of institutional security.
· Perform duties of the Assistant Warden or Warden in his/her absence as measured by a review of the institution’s continuity in functioning during the period of absence.
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: Ten (10) years of correctional experience in a correctional facility to include four (4) years managing the work of correctional officer supervisors in the custody and security of adult inmates.
Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours to include 15 credit hours in the field of criminal justice or related social science from an accredited college or university on a year-for-year basis up to 2 years for the required experience.
IF YOU ARE CLAIMING EDUCATIONAL SUBSTITUTIONS AN UNOFFICIAL COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPT MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN DISAPPROVAL.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to 24 hour call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in the classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with the Code of Maryland regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. Employees must undergo a thorough background investigation.
As part of the interview process, candidates may be given a written assessment.
Only applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
You may also fax required additional information. To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Or you email qualifying documents to Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the ONLINE application.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred; however you may mail your application and/or required additional information. You must include the following information on each page you submit:
1. First and Last Name
2. Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
3. The last 4 digits of your SS#
DPSCS – Office of Human Resources
ATTN: Christine Walls
300 East Joppa Road, 11th Floor
Towson, Maryland 21286
You may also fax required additional information to (410) 585-0570. This fax number is for the Dept. of Public Safety and Correctional Services recruitment efforts only. We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
For more information, please call 410-339-4258. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at (410) 767-4850
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay