ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST II
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||9/12/2018 10:35:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/26/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $53,431.00/year, with potential growth to $65,827.00|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Howard County Health Department
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
Main Purpose of Job
This is a split position in the Food Protection Program that spends 50% of the time reviewing architectural plans, HACCP plans, and conducting preopening inspections for food service facilities. The other 50% is spent as a field inspector conducting mandated food service facility inspections for the Howard County Health Department, Bureau of Environmental Health, a regulatory agency charged with responsibility for prevention of disease transmission through environmental factors. Various types of inspections and complaint follow-ups are conducted on licensed food service facilities in Howard County in accordance with applicable regulatory standards intended to protect the public's health.
Education: Determined by the Maryland Board of Environmental Health Specialists under the licensing requirements for Environmental Health Specialists.
Experience: One year of experience performing inspections and investigations to ensure compliance with environmental health laws and regulations.
1. A Master of Public Health or Master of Science degree from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Environmental Engineering classifications or Environmental Engineering specialty codes in the Engineering and Natural Resources field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience reviewing architectural plans for food service facilities.
- Experience reviewing Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plans.
- Experience performing preopening inspections of food service facilities.
- Experience conducting mandated food service facility inspections.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification . ***A copy of your current licensure should accompany your completed application.***
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.