HUMAN SERVICE SPECIALIST IV
|Department||DHS - Washington County DSS|
|Date Opened||9/11/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - - $53,431.00/year with the potential growth up to $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Washington County Department of Social Services
221 McRand Court #300
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Main Purpose of Job
The Child Development Coordinator (CDC) assists with the administration and supervision of the child development program at the Washington County Family Center. The CDC must possess a working knowledge of the principles of growth and development of young children; of best practices in early childhood education; of educating parents on developmental stages, bonding and nurturing and age appropriate expectations for very young children. This position oversees the care, safety, and well-being of all the children as well as provides formal and informal parent education for the program. The CDC is responsible for ensuring quality documentation and analysis of programming and recommends improvements or changes based on interpretation of the data and program needs.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations.
1. Additional professional or technical experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Education at the graduate level at an accredited college or university in a human services related field may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester hours per year for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Administrative Officer classifications and Administrative Officer specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Officer Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, Child Development or related field .
2. One year experience working with young children from birth to three years old.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.