HUM SER ADMIN I
|Department||DHS - St. Mary's County DSS|
|Date Opened||7/30/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/13/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $56,999.00/year with a potential growth to $75,012.00/year.|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
St. Mary's County Department of Social Services
23110 Leonard Hall Drive
Leonardtown, MD 20650
Main Purpose of Job
To assist in directing, planning, organizing and coordinating the agency Family Investment programs (includes Temporary Cash Assistance, Temporary Disability Assistance, Medical Assistance and Food Stamps benefits, Purchase of Child Care, Homeless Services and Jobs). Supervises and provides general direction to a professional and paraprofessional staff of 4-6 individuals. Assists in the development of the local budget for state welfare-to-work funds. Interprets and applies various laws and policies. Serves as member of senior management team and formulates departmental policy. Assists the Director in strategic planning. Serves as a lead Departmental representative in the community for purposes of community resource development, community building and sustaining community partnerships on behalf of the citizens of the County.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum qualifications to be approved and appear on the list of candidates eligible for hire. It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to job duties
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in the administration of a human
services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations.
1. Applicants may substitute additional professional or technical
experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute education at the graduate level at an accredited college or university in a human services related field at the rate of 30 semester hours per year for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Administrative Officer classifications or Administrative Officer specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
1. A Graduate degree in a Human Service or Workforce Development related discipline.
2. One year of experience working in an Income Maintenance Program (FIA), including welfare to work activities.
3. One year of experience with monitoring and planning budgets.
4. One year supervisory experience
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Limited to candidates willing to accept employment in St. Mary's County, located 85 miles from Baltimore, 70 miles from Washington D.C., and 85 miles from Richmond, Va.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best-Qualified, Better-Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.