SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR, FAMILY SERVICES
|Department||Department of Human Services|
|Date Opened||8/9/2012 8:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,476.00 - $79,203.00/year|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
This is a statewide recruitment for the Department of Human Services (DHS). The posting is open and continuous; we accept applications for this classification year round.
The resulting eligible list will be used to fill current and future Social Worker Supervisor, Family Services vacancies within DHS and its offices, located in each of Maryland's counties and in Baltimore City. Applicants should indicate on their applications all counties (or Baltimore City) where they are willing to accept employment for this classification.
WE HAVE A CURRENT SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR VACANCY IN CHARLES COUNTY:
CHARLES COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
200 KENT AVENUE
LA PLATA MD 20646
(Please be sure to select Charles County as a location where you are willing to accept employment.)
A master’s degree with the specific major title of “Social Work” (MSW) is the only acceptable education qualification for this classification. You must possess an MSW, or be within six months of receiving one, to meet minimum qualifications for this classification; there are no substitutions. Please clearly indicate your college education information on your application.
LOCATION OF POSITION
This is the is the supervisory level of professional social work providing preventive or protective services to vulnerable adults, children or families. Cases involve suspected child or adult abuse or neglect, out of home placement, guardianship or emergency protective orders, adoption or adult case management. Employees in this classification supervise lower-level social workers.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
This classification requires a Master’s in “Social Work” (MSW). PLEASE CLEARLY INDICATE "SOCIAL WORK" AS YOUR MASTER'S DEGREE MAJOR ON YOUR APPLICATION..
(IMPORTANT, PLEASE NOTE: A master’s degree with the specific major title of “Social Work” is the only acceptable education qualification for this classification. You must possess an MSW to meet minimum education qualifications for this classification; there are no substitutions.)
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of experience providing child welfare or adult services to vulnerable children, individuals or families. (Please describe in detail in your application any duties relating to these specific duties.)
1. These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Section 1 of Article 88A of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
PLEASE ATTACH/UPLOAD A COPY OF ANY CURRENT MARYLAND SOCIAL WORK LICENSURE YOU POSSESS WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Certified Social Worker or Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners for a period of time specified by the Board prior to appointment to social work supervisor positions in State service. (COMAR 10.42.08.04 effective July 1, 2004.)
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENT FOR EMPLOYMENT AS A SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR, FAMILY SERVICES:
Experience. A supervisor shall have completed one of the following:
(a) 18 months of active social work experience after obtaining an LCSW or LCSW-C;
(b) 18 months of active social work experience as a social worker licensed by an out-of-State licensing board at a level comparable to the LCSW or LCSW-C;
(c) 60 months of social work experience as a licensed graduate social worker or its equivalent before obtaining an the LCSW or LCSW-C license;
OR (d) 96 months of social work experience as a licensed social work associate or its equivalent before obtaining the LCSW or LCSW-C license.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees who have not already done so must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test before being granted permanent employment status.
2. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Resources. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best-Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for twelve months. This list will be used by hiring agencies to select employees as positions become available.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be considered for this position. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of the assessment, you may participate in the application process.
Permanent Maryland State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of the assessment. However, such candidates will appear in pending status on the eligible list until documentation has been received that the educational and/or experience requirements have been met.
Credit may be given for relevant part-time, temporary, or volunteer experience, if you list the number of hours worked per week.
For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
Application inquiries can be directed to LaToura Jones at: DHR Examination Services Unit, 311 W Saratoga Street, First Floor, Baltimore, Maryland 21201; or by calling 410-767-7414; TTY users call Maryland Relay Service, 1-800-925-4434.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|