LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE I
|Department||Maryland Department of Health|
|Date Opened||8/8/2019 11:15:00 AM|
|Salary||$34,174.00 - $53,658.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Roderick Howard II|
Main Purpose of Job
A Licensed Practical Nurse I is the intermediate level of work performing practical nursing duties for the care, treatment, habilitation or rehabilitation of mentally ill, aged, physically ill or physically disabled patients; developmentally disabled clients; or clients attending clinics for preventive or treatment services. Employees in this classification do not have supervisory responsibility.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Determined by the Maryland Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Practical Nurses.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Practical Nurse from the Maryland Board of Nursing. Please fax or upload a copy of your current license; failure to do will result in disqualification.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be require to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in, and therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year. Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period. For Recorded Job Information Call: 410-767-6018.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred, however the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect MS-100 forms will not be accepted.
Fax - 410-333-5689
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|