Provides basic fire prevention and suppression services to all City of Dayton Aviation facilities and provides emergency medical and rescue services as needed.
Graduation from high school (or G.E.D.).
Must be 18 years of age at time of appointment.
The following certifications and training must be possessed, obtained and/or maintained thereafter as a term and condition of continued employment:
1. Must have a valid State of Ohio Level II Firefighter certification and a valid State of Ohio Emergency Medical Technician certification at time of application. Paramedic certification is preferred at time of appointment
2. Must obtain State of Ohio Paramedic certification within 30 months, from the start of the Paramedic class in which the City of Dayton registers them.
3. Upon enrollment in an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification class, must obtain ACLS certification.
4. Must complete an approved Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) initial training program in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) Part 139 and complete annually recurring training in accordance with FAR 139.319.
5. Must obtain State of Ohio Fire Safety Inspector certification and Hazardous Materials Operations level certification within one year of appointment. Certification at time of appointment is preferred.
Must possess a valid driver's license at time of appointment and maintain thereafter as a term and condition of continued employment.
Police and U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) fingerprint and background investigations are required to work at Dayton International Airport.
Applications must specifically address each of the minimum qualifications, directly showing how each is met.
Final permanent appointment is contingent upon the applicant passing a job-related medical examination, including drug screen, and providing documentary evidence of Employment Authorization and Identity required by the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Effective July 15, 2019, the City of Dayton adopted the Tobacco and Nicotine Free Hiring Policy (HR 1.03). Applicants offered employment with the City will be required to pass a nicotine screening. Newly hired employees must remain tobacco and nicotine free as a condition of continued employment.
The Tobacco and Nicotine Free Hiring Policy does not apply to current City employees subsequent to HR Policy 2.09.