- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Frist (1st) shift
- Monday - Friday
- Must be flexible in order to meet the needs of the agency
The Curriculum Manager leads all the efforts to develop and coordinate the compliance training for the department staff. This position is a part of the DDS Education Support and Staff Development and a part of the Division of Quality and Systems Improvement at Central Office.
DDS partners with the individuals we support and their families, to support lifelong planning and to join with others to create and promote meaningful opportunities for individuals to fully participate as valued members of their communities.
What’s In It For You:
- To work for a Forbes top company: ‘Forbes’ State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule;
- A Platinum Healthcare Plan, the nation’s best for state employees and dependents, according to a report by Georgetown’s Center on Health Insurance Reform and article by Ellen Andrews, Ph.D., along with comprehensive benefit offerings
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings.
- Paid time off - including 13 paid holidays per calendar year.
- Professional growth and paid professional development opportunities.
- A healthy work-life balance to all employees.
- State of Connecticut is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer, meaning you may be eligible to have qualifying student loan forgiveness after 10 years of service. Click here for more information.
We hope you take this opportunity to continue your career and make an impaCT!
In order to be considered for this job opening you must be a current State of CT employee of the agency listed above for at least six (6) months of full-time service or full-time equivalent service, absent any applicable collective bargaining language, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
For Assistance in Applying:
Please read or watch our Applicant Tips on How to Apply!
This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date, unless otherwise specified.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Please ensure that your application is complete. You will be unable to make revisions once you officially submit your application to the state of Connecticut.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
During the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation supporting their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc. at the discretion of the agency.
If you require an accommodation to participate fully and fairly under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Tommy Wilson, EEO Specialist 1 at (860) 418-6148 or Tommy.Wilson@ct.gov.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for directing curriculum development and training related program administration.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Directs staff and operations of training and staff development programs;
- Performs specialized duties in area of training and staff development;
- Provides consultative services to agency administrators and training staff in developing and conducting needs analysis;
- Develops action plans;
- Develops, reviews and evaluates curriculum and training courses;
- Prepares, reviews and monitors contracts for training services;
- Prepares statistical evaluation summaries, feasibility study reports, program projections and other reports as needed;
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring of staff, including outreach, interview and selection;
- May teach in areas of expertise;
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Considerable knowledge of
- principles and techniques of in-service training and staff development;
- educational methods and techniques;
- Knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations;
- interpersonal skills;
- oral and written communication skills;
- Considerable ability to assess training needs and determine objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Seven (7) years of professional employment in in-service training, human resource development or adult education.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have had primary responsibility for planning, developing, coordinating or implementing an in-service training or staff development program.
NOTE: Positions at the Police Officer Standards and Training Council require this experience to be in law enforcement training programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
- College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
- A Master's degree in a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Experience supervising staff
- Experience with Microsoft 365 applications, including Excel, Forms, SharePoint, Outlook, Word, OneDrive, and Teams
- Experience working with CT private providers and working alongside individuals with IDD
- Experience implementing in-service and onboard training for adult learners
- Experience in training assessment and evaluation with ability to identify department training needs in training techniques and staff development
- Experience with training development platforms, including but not limited to, Open Future, PowerPoint, Canva, and Articulate
- Experience compiling and analyzing data
- Experience with managing multiple Learning Management Systems simultaneously, i.e. SABA
- Experience implementing coordination and scheduling
- Video editing experience utilizing Adobe Premier Pro
- Current Instructor certification in both PMT and CPR
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
As defined by Sec. 5-196 of the Connecticut General Statutes, a job class is a position or group of positions that share general characteristics and are categorized under a single title for administrative purposes. As such, a job class is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task and/or responsibility.