Are you passionate about shaping the future of transportation in Connecticut?
If so, come join our great team of engineering professionals and make an impact!
Current students who will be graduating with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering by the end of May 2024 are strongly encouraged to apply!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Transportation (DOT), is now accepting applications for Hydraulic Engineer Trainee (Transportation Engineer Trainee) positions in the Bureau of Engineering and Construction, Division of Bridges, in the Hydraulics and Drainage section.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Competitive starting salary
- Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
- Paid time off including 13 paid holidays per calendar year
- A culture that encourages work/life balance
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- On-site low-cost fitness center, on-site cafeteria, and Electric Vehicle (EV) charging
- Ample free parking with easy access from major highways or by public transportation
- Tuition reimbursement
- The State of Connecticut is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer. You may be eligible to have qualifying student loans forgiven after 10 years of service. Click here for more information.
- Work for a Forbes top company: State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedules
- Join an award winning agency! CTDOT was recently awarded the Employer of the Year award by the Connecticut Society of Civil Engineers (CSCE)!
- Monday through Friday
- Full Time, 40 hours per week
- First Shift
- Location: Newington
- Hybrid (office/telework) may be available