Roles and responsibilities include:
- Duration: Six to nine months depending on hours worked per week.
- Schedule is Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM (40 hours).
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
- Performing work related to the maintenance and operation of DEEP managed lands and facilities including but not limited to: mowing, trimming, building cleaning, janitorial, routine preventative equipment maintenance, and painting.
- The employee may be requested to work in adverse weather conditions and be required to do heavy lifting.
- Depending on level of training and experience these positions could involve the use of construction equipment, assisting with the operation of a sawmill, operating brush cutters, wood chippers, operating landscape equipment, driving medium duty vehicles and the use of skills in carpentry, sign making, plumbing, mechanical repairs, grounds maintenance, completing material deliveries and other related duties.
1. Complete a Master Application and directly apply to this recruitment.
2. Ensure that your application is complete. You will be unable to make revisions once you officially submit your application to the State of Connecticut.
3. Regularly check your email for notifications (be sure to check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error).
4. For questions about the position, please contact James Moore, 860-424-4127, James.I.Moore@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, as a limited duration employee, performs one or more of a variety of tasks and assigned duties of a seasonal nature.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Ability to follow instructions.
- Applicants must have a good attitude, a good work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
- Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
- Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
- Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
- College training in a specific field.
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
- Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.