Are you a licensed clinician looking for a rewarding career?
The Connecticut Department of Correction (DOC) is seeking Mental Health Therapists (Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Licensed Professional Counselor) to work at Garner Correctional Institution in Newtown on 2nd shift.
HOW TO APPLY
To find out more information on these outstanding opportunities, click on the link that corresponds to the license you possess and apply today!
These positions within the correctional setting will provide a range of clinical and case management functions to those entering the custody of Department of Correction.
The incumbent in this position will discover the opportunity to:
Work within a clinically rich setting;
Provide intake assessments, individual psychotherapy and group therapy, crisis management, suicide risk assessment, case management services and other clinical activities;
Engage in collaborative discharge planning with external support services and research driven programming.
Full-time (40 hours per week)
Second shift (2:00pm-10:00pm) on a Monday-Friday schedule (with rotating weekends and holidays)
Located at Garner CI in Newtown, CT.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
State of Connecticut employees participate in a competitive benefits plan that includes:
Discover the opportunity to:
- NEW: A Platinum Healthcare Plan, the nation’s best for state employees and dependents, according to a report by Georgetown’s Center on Health Insurance Reform and article by Ellen Andrews, Ph.D., along with comprehensive benefit offerings.
- Sick, vacation, and personal leave.
- This is a Hazardous Duty Position and offers a pension plan, the State Employees Retirement System Tier IV.
- Student Loan Forgiveness - the State of Connecticut is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer, meaning you may be eligible to have qualifying student loans forgiven after 10 years of service. Click here for more information.
- We encourage a healthy work/life balance to all employees.
- To work for a Forbes top company: ‘Forbes’ State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule.
- Engage in a rewarding career.
- Assist our employees so they can achieve success.
- Make a difference in the public sector.
- Work together in a collaborative team environment.
Our state has a lot to offer - from fun activities for all ages, to great food and shopping, to beautiful state parks and forests, to our diverse cultures and rich history. Connecticut is a great place to live! Learn more about Connecticut here.
Our Mission: The DOC shall strive to be a global leader in progressive correctional practices and partnered re-entry initiatives to support responsive evidence-based practices aligned to law-abiding and accountable behaviors. Safety and security shall be a priority component of this responsibility as it pertains to staff, victims, citizens and offenders.
The Garner Correctional Institution incarcerates both pretrial and sentenced offenders. Through proven programmatic innovation and intervention, the Garner Correctional Institution provides positive alternatives for inmates to assist in their successful reintegration into the community as productive members of society. Based upon their mental health needs, offenders from throughout the system, both pretrial and sentenced, are assigned here. The facility's staff utilizes a highly progressive mental health treatment approach. Individualized treatment plans, based upon an offender's level of functionality include extensive programming and therapy, in a group and one on one setting. The staff at the facility, both custody and mental health, operate through an integrated team approach which insures a continuity of custody, care, treatment and control.
The program is designed to return as many of these offenders as is possible to the ability to function in either a general population prison setting or ultimately to life in the community.
For an inside look at how healthcare employees can Make an ImpaCT in a correctional setting, watch the video below!
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.