Are you a current State of Connecticut, Department of Children and Families (DCF) employee with a strong background in agency policies and procedures along with a solid understanding of case work principles, methods and techniques? If so, we invite you to apply for this outstanding opportunity to furthering your professional career!
At the DCF we are recruiting organized and motivated candidates for anticipated Social Worker Supervisors within all area offices. These vacancies will be filled at the discretion of the agency.
What We Have To Offer!
- The opportunity to work for a Forbes top company: 'Forbes' State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule
- NEW: A Platinum Healthcare Plan, the nation’s best for state employees and dependents, according to a report by Georgetown’s Center on Health Insurance Reform and article by Ellen Andrews, Ph.D., along with comprehensive benefit offerings
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
- Generous paid time off, including 13 paid holidays per calendar year
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- A healthy work/life balance to all employees
In this role accountable for supervising social work staff in the provision of direct social case work services to clients and providing case work quality improvement for an assigned region. Along with the duties listed above, we will entrust you to:
- Schedule, assign, oversee and reviews work of staff
- Provide staff training and assistance
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Other duties as needed
- Full-time, 40 hours per week position on first shift
- Monday through Friday schedule
Discover the opportunity to:
- Engage in a rewarding career Showcase your talents in a meaningful role Department of Administrative Services Connecticut State Establish and maintain unit procedures
- Maintain the Social Work supervisor schedules, assign, oversee and review the work of your staff
- Provide staff training and assistance as well as determining the priorities and plans for your unit
- Assist our clients so they can achieve success
- Work together in a collaborative team environment
We are partnering with communities and empowering families to raise resilient children who thrive; sharpening the safety focus through prevention across the child welfare system. We are proud of our diverse and dedicated workforce who strive every day to meet the needs of those we encounter.
Currently we are seeking individuals who are looking to advance their career and make a difference!
In order to be considered for this job opening you must be a current State of CT employee of the agency listed above for at least six (6) months of full-time service or full-time equivalent service, absent any applicable collective bargaining language, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date, unless otherwise specified.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Please ensure that your application is complete. You will be unable to make revisions once you officially submit your application to the state of Connecticut.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
During the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation supporting their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc. at the discretion of the agency.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process.
Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Ethan Ives at Ethan.Ives@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Departments of Children and Families this class is accountable for supervising social work staff in the provision of direct social case work services to clients and providing case work quality improvement for an assigned region through a process of administrative case supervision or Special Review Investigation.
In the Department of Social Services this class is accountable for supervising social work staff in the provision of direct social case work services to individuals.
In the Department of Correction this class is accountable for supervising social work staff in the provision of direct social case work services to offenders.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Schedules, assigns, oversees and reviews work of staff; provides staff training and assistance; conducts performance evaluations; determines priorities and plans unit work; establishes and maintains unit procedures; develops or makes recommendations on development of policies and standards; acts as liaison with other operating units, agencies and outside officials regarding unit policies and procedures; prepares reports and correspondence; performs related duties as required.
DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES (ADMINISTRATIVE CASE SUPERVISION): Completes administrative case review to ensure treatment plan as developed by Social Worker and Social Worker Supervisor for each child and/or youth in placement is appropriate; completes Special Review Investigation on cases that have experienced serious injury or death of a client to ensure case management and/or treatment plans for child and/or family were appropriate; identifies best practice deficiencies and determines necessary corrective action; facilitates case planning process with involved parties on each reviewed case to develop case consensus regarding permanent plan; reviews and approves revisions to permanent plan for each child and/or youth to ensure conformance to decisions made during review; ensures corrective action taken by Social Worker and/or Social Worker Supervisor; ensures documentation of treatment plan meets all federal, state and departmental policy guidelines; provides leadership in encouraging parental participation; establishes specific timetables for action by case related professionals and parents; participates in formulating policy and regulations relating to work of unit; provides consultation to field staff in solution of problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of relevant agency policies and procedures; considerable knowledge and understanding of case work principles, methods and techniques; considerable knowledge of factors which influence attitudes and behavior of individuals and families; knowledge of community resources (e.g. facilities serving social, mental health, medical, educational and legal needs, etc.) and services provided; knowledge of legal basis for departmental programs and requirements; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; ability to interpret complex written material; supervisory ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Possession of a Master's degree in social work or a closely related field and two (2) years of experience in the self-directed use of case management techniques and counseling to sustain or restore client functioning OR a Bachelor's degree in social work or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the self-directed use of case management techniques and counseling to sustain or restore client functioning.
1. Closely related fields are: applied sociology, child development, child welfare, clinical psychology, counseling, human development and family studies, human service, marriage and family therapy, nursing, social and/or human services, education and criminal justice.
2. Qualifying experience at this level must include the use of professional interviewing techniques, provision of skilled counseling to an assigned client caseload and assessment of basic client needs (nutritional, environmental, financial, medical, protective service) through continuing personal observation during visits, intervention and evaluation. Qualifying experience must be at the full working level above the level of Social Worker Trainee.
1. DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILES: Incumbents in this class are required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
2. DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES: Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
3. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
4. Incumbents in this class may be required to speak a foreign language.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.