Are you passionate about working in the IT field? If so, we encourage you to check out this opportunity!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
The successful candidate will perform architectural and operational aspects supporting Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory. The incumbent will be involved in supporting agencies with their directory needs while providing governance and secure solutions.
Duties include: problem resolution, automation, disaster contingency planning and testing, patching, and product life cycle management including several technologies both on prem and Cloud. We are looking for motivated, self-initiating individuals with strong collaboration. The ideal candidate will have strong team values and willingness to learn and grow.
- Monday - Friday
- Full-time (7 hours per day, 35 hours per week)
- First shift (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
- Location: 55 Farmington Avenue in Hartford, CT
- Hybrid work environment (combination of on-site and remote work)
View the video below to learn what it's like to be part of this innovative BITS team!
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- Please select all location(s) and shift(s) you are willing to work on your application. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location or shift.
- In order to receive educational credits toward qualification for this job posting, the institution must be accredited. If the institution of higher learning is located outside of the U.S., you are responsible for providing documentation from a recognized USA accrediting service which specializes in determining foreign education equivalencies to the recruiter listed on this job posting.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
Important Information After You Apply:
Connect With Us:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Frank DeCusati at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-713-5176.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for performing the most complex and technical support work and/or acting as a working supervisor of Information Technology Analysts engaged in information systems development or technical support.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Managing the operational infrastructure of the Active Directory (AD) and Azure AD environment
- Investigating, analyzing, and resolving active directory/Azure AD incidents/issues
- Supporting AD Connect, ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services), DNS (Domain Name System), DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) and infrastructure housing these services
- Providing expertise to agencies and projects on Active Directory and Azure AD
- Supporting technologies of the enterprise Active Directory environment including Azure AD
- Supporting the agency mission critical systems: Department of Children and Families (DCF), Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP), Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP), Access Health CT (ahCT), Department of Social Services (DSS), and Secretary of the State (SOTS) to name a few
- Providing governance to the State's directories
- Assisting agencies with Active Directory and Azure AD administration and support
- Working closely with the IT Security and other teams within BITS and with agencies to develop and maintain a disaster recovery/business continuity plan
- Defining metrics and key performance indicators to ensure service-level agreements (SLAs) are met
- Working closely with different business units to determine their needs and prioritize projects
- Developing reports/tools to help manage the environments
- Performing product life cycle management for the active directory environment and associated software
- Contributing to continuous improvements within the organization
- Fostering relationships with internal information technology (IT), business units, and vendors
- Must stay abreast to all leading technologies surrounding access management, task coordination, incident management, and project delivery
- Performing related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development, and computer programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of project management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles, problems and techniques of data processing and data communication operations; considerable knowledge of data processing and data communications equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; considerable knowledge of principles of complex computer operating systems; knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; knowledge of network protocols and architecture; knowledge of practices and issues of systems security and disaster recovery; knowledge of applications systems development principles and techniques; knowledge of principles and practices of data base management; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable analytical skills; considerable ability to prepare correspondence, manuals, reports and documentation; considerable ability to analyze and resolve operational and communications problems; considerable ability to analyze and debug complex software programs; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; some supervisory ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Seven (7) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related field.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the full
professional working level with responsibility for performing a full range of
complex technical support functions in such areas as: assisting in the design,
implementation and management of a major communications network; providing
technical and administrative support for a wide area network (WAN) or
mini-computer system; assisting in the installation and maintenance of major
sub-systems or installing and maintaining other host and/or network software; participating
in the design and development of system applications; serving as a project
coordinator responsible for coordinating the design, development, programming
and implementation of moderately complex information systems projects;
performing any closely related complex technical support function.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of
Information Technology Analyst 2.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience with Active Directory and Azure Active Directory Enterprise Administration and Infrastructure Support
- Experience with Windows Server Operating System, Networking and Infrastructure
- Experience with Azure Cloud outside of Azure Active Directory
- Experience with Azure Active Directory Connect, ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services), DNS (Domain Name System) and DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol)
- Experience with Powershell
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.