The State of Connecticut, Department of Administrative Services, Bureau of Information Technology Solutions (DAS/BITS) is accepting applications for an Integration IT Analyst 2 in service of the Department of Public Health (DPH).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
- Paid time off including 13 paid holidays per calendar year
- A culture that encourages work/life balance
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- A healthy work-life balance to all employees!
- To work for a Forbes top company: 'Forbes' State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023- State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule
- Full Time, 40 hours per week
- First Shift
- Monday through Friday
- Hybrid with 3 days on-site
- Location: Hartford
DPH supports and maintains the Electronic Data Exchange (EDX) platform that receives, processes and creates electronic messages for public health related laboratory and clinical case information from hospitals, health practitioners, and external partners for reportable diseases and conditions mandated under state statue and regulation. The platform also supports messaging of clinical tests and orders for tests performed at the State Public Health Laboratory, among other functionalities.
The State of Connecticut is undergoing a strategic optimization of our Information Technology (IT) resources, to deliver enterprise-wide services, in more efficient and innovative ways. We are setting trends, not following them. As part of these efforts, the Department of Administrative Services Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology (DAS BEST) is joining forces with the majority of Executive Branch, Agency IT organizations, to form a new, centralized team under the Bureau of Information Technology Solutions (BITS).
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- In order to receive educational credits toward qualification for this job posting, the institution must be accredited. If the institution of higher learning is located outside of the U.S., you are responsible for providing documentation from a recognized USA accrediting service which specializes in determining foreign education equivalencies to the recruiter listed on this job posting.
- Please select all location(s) and shift(s) you are willing to work on your application. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location or shift.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AFTER YOU APPLY
CONNECT WITH US
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Brittney Woodley at email@example.com.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of information technology tasks and project coordination work involving infrastructure systems support, security and application development in an IT environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
For All Functional Areas: Acts as liaison to hardware and/or software vendors, system developers, programmers and user community; evaluates and recommends products; participates in Request for Proposal (RFP) process; assists in estimating cost for annual budget; identifies and implements opportunities for cost savings; conducts system performance analysis, tuning and storage management; assists staff and customers in use of computer systems and software packages; trains operators, IT staff and end users on new procedures; participates in recovery activities; participates in the evaluation of new, related technologies; analyzes requirements and designs systems; participates in or coordinates project planning sessions with customers, analysts and team members to analyze requirements and provide design recommendations for moderately complex systems; provides technical consultation on moderately complex issues regarding the usage of the infrastructure, integration of applications systems into the infrastructure, etc.; participates in system integration testing of operating system, system utilities, hardware upgrades as well as new software and hardware technologies; works with project team to define and design scope for each project; plans, coordinates and schedules assigned projects; coordinates resources for project; ensures timely completion of all phases of project; evaluates and recommends vendors.
This position is responsible for:
- Ensuring the continued flow of required messages for reportable conditions from testing facilities to Department of Public Health (DPH), including supporting secure transport methods.
- Supporting the electronic test order and result bi-directional messages in support of the State Laboratory.
- Assisting with message validation and routing of messages to end user systems at DPH or reporting to external partners, such as the Center of Disease Control (CDC).
- Working with the current technology vendor to build and enhance modifications of the DPH EDX platform, currently built on the state licensed Pilotfish platform.
- Identifying improvements and design enhancements to the data exchange platform in support of DPH modernization efforts.
- Working with the DPH ID Informatics team and the SPHL on messaging efforts.
- Provide support to users for UI tools used to capture and present data from the EDX process for data quality assurance and other monitoring.
- Creating and updating technical documentation.
- Creating new data queries and extracts or updates using tools like MSQL or Java.
- Participate in the DPH ID Informatics Program team meetings and CDC calls as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of IT equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development and programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of capabilities of computer technology; knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; knowledge of principles and techniques of software generation and programming; knowledge of practices and issues of systems’ security and disaster recovery; knowledge of computer operating systems; knowledge of project management principles and techniques; knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable logic and analytical skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; interpersonal skills; project coordination skills; considerable ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve data communications problems; considerable ability to write, test and debug computer programs; considerable ability to use programming development tools; considerable ability to prepare manuals, reports, documentation and other written materials; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; ability to analyze and debug complex software programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Six (6) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related support area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been performing
professional information technology work in such areas as: installation and
support of microcomputer hardware, software and operating systems; analysis,
design and development of information systems; network hardware and software
installation and support; network hardware and/or software problem diagnosis
and resolution; performing any closely related professional IT function.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of
Information Technology Analyst 1.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience with Extract Transform Load (ETL) tools
- Experience implementing Java-based solutions
- Experience with Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with technical documentation including system architecture
- Experience with eXtensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT)
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.