Are you passionate about working in the IT field? If so, we encourage you to check out this opportunity!
The State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services (DAS) Bureau of Information Technology Solutions (BITS) is seeking applications from qualified, highly motivated, and well-organized individuals to fill two (2) Systems Administrator (Information Technology Analyst 3) positions on the Platform Services Team in service of the Department of Social Services (DSS). Applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
The Platform Services Team, within the Compute Services division of DAS BITS, is responsible for the oversight of the hardware and software solutions that support the applications and services to the agencies. In this position, the successful candidate, along with a team of peers, will play a role in supporting the compute platforms and systems including the standardization of processes and procedures for the State. The successful candidate can expect to provide guidance and work alongside peers, technology managers, directors, and other key stakeholders to help ensure the State’s systems are providing timely and cost-effective services that meet the needs of the State and its constituents.
- Monday - Friday
- Full-time (40 hours per week)
- First shift
- Location: 55 Farmington Avenue in Hartford, CT
- Hybrid work environment (combination on-site and remote work)
View the video below to learn what it's like to be part of this innovative BITS team!
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- Please select all location(s) and shift(s) you are willing to work on your application. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location or shift.
- In order to receive educational credits toward qualification for this job posting, the institution must be accredited. If the institution of higher learning is located outside of the U.S., you are responsible for providing documentation from a recognized USA accrediting service which specializes in determining foreign education equivalencies to the recruiter listed on this job posting.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
Important Information After You Apply:
Connect With Us:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancies are listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Frank DeCusati at email@example.com or 860-713-5176.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for performing the most complex and technical support work and/or acting as a working supervisor of Information Technology Analysts engaged in information systems development or technical support.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Monitors data center health using existing management tools, maintains systems according to requirements, and conducts system performance analysis, tuning, and storage management
- Diagnoses host system problems and develops and coordinates resolutions
- Performs server administration tasks (i.e., user/group, security permissions, group policies, print services), researches event-log warnings and errors, and monitors resources to ensure that systems architecture components work together seamlessly
- Manages planning, analysis, design, selection, installation, and implementation of new technologies
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for hardware and/or software purchases and new technologies
- Acts as liaison to hardware and/or software vendors, system developers, programmers, and management
- Develops and implements system security guidelines
- Makes recommendations for system migration and upgrade directions
- Trains IT staff, operators, systems developers, and users on new procedures
- May act as a project coordinator overseeing other technical staff and support personnel
- Communicates with business owners and management and facilitates meetings
- Assists in development of information technology policies, procedures, and standards
- Works with team members to implement disaster recovery plans, assists in determining critical applications and personnel, ensures offsite backups, and defines data flow
- Performs related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development, and computer programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of project management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles, problems and techniques of data processing and data communication operations; considerable knowledge of data processing and data communications equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; considerable knowledge of principles of complex computer operating systems; knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; knowledge of network protocols and architecture; knowledge of practices and issues of systems security and disaster recovery; knowledge of applications systems development principles and techniques; knowledge of principles and practices of data base management; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable analytical skills; considerable ability to prepare correspondence, manuals, reports and documentation; considerable ability to analyze and resolve operational and communications problems; considerable ability to analyze and debug complex software programs; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; some supervisory ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Seven (7) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related field.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
(1) year of the General Experience must have been at the full professional
working level with responsibility for performing a full range of complex
technical support functions in such areas as: assisting in the design,
implementation and management of a major communications network; providing
technical and administrative support for a wide area network (WAN) or
mini-computer system; assisting in the installation and maintenance of major
sub-systems or installing and maintaining other host and/or network software; participating
in the design and development of system applications; serving as a project
coordinator responsible for coordinating the design, development, programming
and implementation of moderately complex information systems projects; performing
any closely related complex technical support function.
NOTE: For state employees this is
interpreted at the level of Information Technology Analyst 2.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience with the administration of Active Directory and group policies
- Experience in the design of fully redundant converged data center systems, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery
- Experience with monitoring system and utilizing application maintenance utilities
- Experience administering and scripting for Windows and Linux operating systems in physical and virtual environments
- Experience with enterprise managed file transfer systems Axway, Cyberfusion, and International Business Machines (IBM) Aspera
- Experience with administering storage area networks, network attached storage, and Virtual Storage Area Network (VMWare SAN)
- Experience working with routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, as well as converged Infrastructure platforms
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.