Capital Community College (CCC) is a constituent unit of the Board of Regents for Higher Education (BOR), Connecticut State Colleges and Universities. As one of the State of Connecticut institutions of higher learning, CCC, established in 1967, serves the Greater Hartford region with groundbreaking and affordable educational opportunities inside and outside of the classroom. CCC is recognized as a Hispanic Serving Institution and has the largest nursing program in the Connecticut community college system. The College awards associate degrees and certificates in academic programs that transfer to four-year universities, including accounting, biotechnology, construction management and nursing, along with career-track programs in cybersecurity, early childhood education, computer programming, and manufacturing.
We are currently seeking applications for one (1) full-time Material Storage Specialist position:
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Regular, full-time work hours
- 37.5 hours per week
- First shift
- Located in downtown Hartford, CT - 950 Main St.
State of Connecticut employees participate in a competitive comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- Industry leading health benefits with medical and dental coverage
- Generous paid time off, include 13 paid holidays per calendar year
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
- Retirement healthcare offerings
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- A healthy work/life balance!
In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a resume, performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign onto their Personal Status Board daily to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
Should you have questions pertaining to any phase of this recruitment, please contact the hiring agency's human resources office: CSCU-RecruitmentTeam@commnet.edu.
NOTE: The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to CSCU-Recruitmentteam@commnet.edu.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency, this class is accountable for stockroom or warehouse operations, including the full range of stores activities, such as receiving, storing, distributing, inspecting, inventorying, purchasing and all other related functions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Oversees the entire stockroom or warehouse operations; receives and issues stock and maintains records of receipts, requisitions, and stock on hand; arranges stock in planned fashion, with due account taken of age, accessibility, safety and security; clarifies amount and condition of stock on hand and reports all discrepancies or need for replenishment; verifies quantity and quality of incoming supplies against invoices, dray bills, bills of lading and orders; makes purchases of equipment or supplies as necessary; maintains housekeeping and security of stores area; takes required inventory of materials and supplies; receives gas station reports and makes necessary corrections; keeps mileage and maintenance records of vehicles in car pool; inspects material handling equipment, scales, gas pumps and other allied storeroom equipment for accuracy and safety; codes and inventories furniture and equipment; operates material handling equipment; may drive motor vehicles as assigned; may enter data into a computer; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of the methods of requisitioning, handling, storing and issuing of materials and supplies; knowledge of safe and efficient warehousing practices including purchasing; some interpersonal skills; some oral and written communication skills; ability to keep accurate stock records and inventories; ability to utilize computer software.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years of experience in stock or warehouse work or closely related work that could reasonably be expected to provide the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have involved the full range of stores duties, including receiving, storing, issuing, inventorying, inspecting, etc.
Note: For State Employees, this is interpreted at or above the level of Storekeeper.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, with sensitive timelines.
- Experience collaborating effectively as part of a team.
- Experience prioritizing, planning and organizing daily, weekly, monthly and annual tasks.
- Experience designing and maintaining systems and structures related to ordering, distributing and record keeping of materials and supplies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with systems that process incoming and outgoing mail, packages and shipments.
- Experience physically delivering mail, packages, supplies and equipment throughout the campus.
- Experience managing the regular service of campus vehicles including re-fueling and general service schedules.
1. Incumbents in this class may be required by the appointing authority to possess and retain appropriate current licenses, permits and/or certifications.
2. Incumbents in this class must be willing to accept assignment to emergency duties, including snow and ice assignments, whenever their services are required.
3. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess experience receiving and handling of specialized materials.
1. Incumbents in this class must have adequate physical strength, stamina, physical agility and visual and auditory acuity, and must maintain such physical fitness as to be able to perform the duties of the class.
2. A physical examination may be required.
Incumbents in this class may be required to lift moderate to heavy weights; may be exposed to weather conditions and may be required to handle hazardous materials/chemicals.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.