Do you have experience developing curricula and teaching the principles and practices of nursing and health?
If so, join our team!
Comprehensive Benefit Offerings:
- To work for a Forbes top company: ‘Forbes’ State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule.
- Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage.
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings.
- Paid time off - including 13 paid holidays per calendar year.
- Professional growth and paid professional development opportunities.
- A healthy work-life balance to all employees.
- Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop Nursing curriculum and teach the principles and practices of nursing and health related subjects to nursing personnel and interdisciplinary staff, including RNs, LPN and other non-licensed staff.
- Evaluate effectiveness of curricula through analyses of participation, feedback and written tests.
- Conduct assessment of educational needs and requirements of staff and patients and/or clients by determining areas of deficiencies and considering government regulations.
- Instruct staff of all levels in orientation and other programs, including on Hospital units in real time.
- 40 hours, Monday - Friday, first and second shift positions.
These positions will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules. Applications to this recruitment will be used to meet collective bargaining requirements. Once any collective bargaining requirements have been met, all other applicants may be considered.
- This position may be subject to Federal requirements for COVID 19 Vaccination Immunization.
- Incumbents in this class must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse in CT.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience most closely meets the preferred qualifications, so please ensure that your application is complete and details your experience as outlined in this job posting. Please note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
- For assistance in applying, please visit our Applicant Tips on How to Apply page.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- Due to the large volume of applications received, the Department of Administrative Services is unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
Connect With Us:
- If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Anamaria Giangarra at Anamaria.email@example.com and reference the recruitment number.
- Follow the State of Connecticut on LinkedIn.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state health care facility or institution this class is accountable for developing curricula and teaching the principles and practices of nursing and health related subjects to nursing personnel and interdisciplinary staff.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- In collaboration with interdisciplinary staff members participates in assessment of educational needs and requirements of staff and individuals by determining areas of deficiencies and considering government regulations;
- Participates in development of curricula;
- Conducts research to obtain most recent information about identified topic;
- Delivers curricula to targeted groups including instruction in theory and provision of clinical experience;
- Evaluates effectiveness of curricula through analyses of class participation, feedback and written tests;
- Participates in workshops designed for career advancement of nursing staff;
- Instructs staff of all levels in orientation and other programs;
- Supervises learning experiences of staff in programs;
- Acts as a role model to nursing and health care staff by demonstrating and teaching professional behaviors;
- Participates in approved continuing education programs to enhance professional competence and shares this information with other staff members;
- Prepares and submits reports as required;
- Maintains records of those individuals participating in educational programs;
- Protects human and civil rights of individuals and staff;
- May participate on committees and in recruitment process;
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Considerable knowledge of
- principles and practices of nursing in appropriate specialty serviced by agency;
- Knowledge of
- teaching, counseling and evaluation principles and techniques;
- interpersonal skills;
- oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to
- develop curricula;
- identify the potential of applicants for health careers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Three (3) years of experience in hospital or institutional nursing as a registered professional nurse.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
- A Bachelor's degree in nursing may be substituted for one (1) year of the General Experience.
- A Master's degree in nursing may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience in teaching in nursing programs and/or training staff.
- Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a license as a registered professional nurse in Connecticut.
- Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
As defined by Sec. 5-196 of the Connecticut General Statutes, a job class is a position or group of positions that share general characteristics and are categorized under a single title for administrative purposes. As such, a job class is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task and/or responsibility.