Are you interested in a career where you can make a difference, do what you are passionate about and receive personal fulfillment? If you are that candidate, then the Albert J. Solnit Children’s Center, North Campus is looking for you to be a part of their team.
The State of Connecticut, Department of Children and Families (DCF), is currently recruiting qualified individuals for a Nurse position located in East Windsor, CT.
What’s In It For You:
- To work for a Forbes top company: ‘Forbes’ State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule;
- Comprehensive Benefits including Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage.
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings.
- Paid time off - including 13 paid holidays per calendar year.
- Professional growth and paid professional development opportunities.
- A healthy work-life balance to all employees.
The Albert J. Solnit Children's Center – North Campus serves as a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility, providing treatment to adolescent males between the ages of 13 and 17 with complex psychiatric needs. The program is designed to be the bridge from hospital to home and community or as a diversionary placement to avoid the need for a hospital stay.
The facility provides an educational program, work experience opportunities and rehabilitation including therapeutic recreation and occupational and music therapies. The Solnit Children's Center utilizes a strength based, family centered relational approach based on youth -adult partnership. The program model has been designed to focus treatment strategies which are trauma informed and gender responsive.
- PCN: 44109
- Third (3rd) shift
- 11:00 P.M. - 7:30 A.M.
- Week 1 - Monday off
- Week 2 - Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday off
- PCN: 130399
- First (1st) shift
- 7:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
- Week 1 - Monday and Wednesday off
- Week 2 - Saturday and Sunday off
Discover the opportunity to:
- Engage in a rewarding career
- Assist our employees so they can achieve success
- Make a difference in the public sector
- Work together in a collaborative team environment
About the State of Connecticut:
Living in Connecticut allows you to live with mountains, forests, ocean fronts, rivers, and a wonderful green countryside right at your doorstep. The state has charm, elegance, and a high standard of living. Our school systems offer an outstanding education, and our communities are among the safest in the country. Connecticut experiences all four seasons and gives you the option to choose living in sophisticated country-life or living in the center of a lively city.
We encourage you to come see all that Connecticut has to offer by joining the DCF team!
FOR THOSE WHO HOLD A RN LICENSE IN A STATE OTHER THAN CONNECTICUT AND WISH TO APPLY FOR A CONNECTICUT LICENSE, PLEASE:
- Review the eligibility and documentation requirements for CT license by endorsement of an out-of-state license;
- Complete a CT DPH online application online (expand the ‘Public Health Practitioners’ grouping, select ‘Registered Nurse’ and then ‘Start’;
- Request verification of your out-of-state license(s) electronically through the National Council of State Boards of Nursing’s : Nursys® System. To send verification of your license(s) to CT, read and agree to the terms, enter your biographic information, select your license type and select ‘SEARCH’. Review the results and select the ‘Next’ button. Check the box next to ‘Connecticut’ and complete the transaction. Once the transaction is completed, you will receive a confirmation email from Nursys and the verification will be available to the DPH. Note that PA and MI verifications are not provided through Nursys. Please contact those state boards for information on obtaining verification.
FOR SECOND AND THIRD SHIFT POSITIONS - YOU MAY BE APPROVED FOR AN ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION BONUS: Each Registered Nurse who is permanently assigned to the second or third shift shall receive a “recruitment and retention” yearly bonus of three thousand dollars ($3,000.00). This bonus shall be pro-rated for part-time Registered Nurses. In order to be eligible for this bonus, the Employee must have completed one year of service in the registered nurse classification.
This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date, unless otherwise specified.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Please ensure that your application is complete. You will be unable to make revisions once you officially submit your application to the state of Connecticut.
This position may be subject to Federal requirements for COVID 19 Vaccination Immunization.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
During the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation supporting their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc. at the discretion of the agency.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for providing a full range of professional nursing care.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Independently implements the nursing process with individuals including carrying out physicians orders regarding diet, medication and treatment; performs assessments; changes dressings; monitors and ensures quality care through observation and evaluation; reports on physiological and mental health status of individuals; documents nursing interventions on medical records; distributes and maintains records of controlled drugs and insures their security; maintains records and makes reports; makes decisions in routine cases; instructs individuals, staff and family members regarding treatments, nursing plans and related individual care issues directed towards an awareness and understanding of health/mental health issues; responds to emergencies; maintains availability of medications and supplies; ensures cleanliness of equipment and environment; may participate as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team in the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of individuals treatment or health/mental health care plans; may formulate and implement nursing care plans; may participate in outpatient clinics and assist in physical examinations; may administer routine tests; may conduct training; may delegate nursing tasks consistent with established protocols; may participate in psychotherapeutic and rehabilitation interventions; may physically restrain individuals; may provide related medical or mental health specialty services; may serve as Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of and ability to apply professional nursing theory, practice and ethics; knowledge of current medications, their actions, interactions, uses and side effects; knowledge of medical, therapeutic and psychiatric nursing interventions and methods; knowledge of and ability to apply quality standards, procedures and protocols; knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural and socio-economic difference; knowledge of and ability to apply clinical therapeutic models of individual care with emphasis on interdisciplinary team approach; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; ability to act as a role model to health care staff by demonstrating and teaching professional behaviors; ability to learn specialized individual care applicable to work assignment; ability to listen and provide empathetic assistance to individuals and families in meeting their needs and carrying out prescribed treatments; ability to develop therapeutic relationships with individuals, and their caregivers; ability to respond to emergencies; ability to respond to and seek supervision; ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride trust and group identity to foster commitment and team work; ability to analyze and evaluate proper care and treatment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a license or temporary permit as a Registered Professional Nurse in Connecticut.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to be fluent in a foreign language or proficient in the use of the American Sign Language in certain designated positions.
3. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
Incumbents in this class may be required to lift and restrain individuals; may have exposure to communicable/infectious diseases and risk of injury from assaultive/abusive individuals; may be exposed to disagreeable conditions.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.