Are you passionate about working in the Information Technology field?
Do you enjoy leading a team that will make an impact?
If so, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity!
What we can offer you:
The Information Technology Supervisor will:
- Flexible and hybrid telework schedules
- Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage
- Competitive starting salary and structure
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
- Paid time off- including 13 holidays per calendar year
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Culture that encourages work-life balance
- Work for a Forbes top company: ‘Forbes’ State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule
- Lead and supervise the efficiency of help desk operations to ensure end-users receive proper assistance.
- Manage all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end users' help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of the Help Desk Function.
- Oversee timely delivery of quality technical support services to the DOL workforce and business partners using DOL resources.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of the help desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Full Time, 35 hours per week
- Monday through Friday schedule, first shift hours
- Hybrid telework opportunity-The first 6 months will be in the office located at 200 Folly Brook Blvd in Wethersfield, CT. A hybrid schedule will be discussed at the conclusion of the 6 month working test period.
This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules. Applications to this recruitment will be used to meet collective bargaining requirements. Once any collective bargaining requirements have been met, all other applicants may be considered.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience most closely meets the preferred qualifications, so please ensure that your application is complete and details your experience as outlined in this job posting. Please note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
- For assistance in applying, please visit our 'Applicant Tips on How to Apply' page.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- In order to receive educational credits toward qualification for this job posting, the institution must be accredited. If the institution of higher learning is located outside of the U.S., you are responsible for providing documentation from a recognized USA accrediting service which specializes in determining foreign education equivalencies to the recruiter listed on this job posting.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Due to the large volume of applications received, the Department of Administrative Services is unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
Connect With Us:
If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Jasmyn Raymond at Jasmyn.Raymond@ct.gov and reference the recruitment number.
Follow the State of Connecticut on LinkedIn.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency major Information Technology (IT) operational environment, this class is accountable for supervising staff and overseeing the planning, analysis, design, selection, installation and implementation of information systems and applications.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Schedules, assigns, oversees and reviews the work of staff; provides staff training and assistance; conducts performance evaluations; determines priorities and plans unit work; establishes and maintains unit procedures; develops or makes recommendations on the development of policies and standards; acts as liaison with other operating units, agencies and outside officials regarding unit policies and procedures; maintains software licensures and other related requirements; establishes and coordinates disaster recovery plan; establishes system security procedures and practices; performs facility and capacity planning and configuration management; supervises system performance analysis, tuning or storage management; develops host and network security policies; evaluates and recommends new strategies, technologies and technological directions to management; makes recommendations and maintains contracts for hardware and/or software purchases; makes recommendations for migration and system upgrade directions; oversees analysis of upgrades for complex applications to determine functionality and necessary software customization; provides technical specifications as input into Requests for Proposal (RFP) process; participates on evaluation teams that review RFP responses; oversees testing to ensure applications meet specification requirements; develops and implements database system strategies; provides resource planning; develops utilization metrics; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of relevant agency policies and procedures; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development, and computer programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of project management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles, problems and techniques of data processing and data communication operations; considerable knowledge of data processing and data communications equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; considerable knowledge of principles of complex computer operating systems; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of programming; considerable knowledge of network protocols and architecture; considerable knowledge of practices and issues of system security and disaster recovery; considerable knowledge of application's system development principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles and practices of data base management; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable problem solving skills; considerable oral and written communications skills; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable analytical skills; considerable ability to prepare correspondence, manuals, reports and documentation; considerable ability to analyze and resolve operational and communications problems; considerable ability to analyze and debug complex software programs; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; supervisory ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Nine (9) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or IT related support area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been performing advanced
technical level duties or as a working supervisor in such areas as: designing,
configuring and implementing complex networks; configuring, installing and
upgrading host based applications packages and host and/or operating system
software; system software/application development, performing any closely
related advanced technical function.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of
Information Technology Analyst 3.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience with supporting Active Directory.
- Experience with troubleshooting computer hardware.
- Experience with maintaining Information Technology asset inventory.
- Experience leading teams on computer refresh deployments.
- Experience leading a service desk team.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.