New Haven, CT
|Date Opened||2/8/2023 09:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$46,941 - $61,381/year (Individuals new to state service start at minimum of the pay plan)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||2/23/2023 11:59:00 PM|
Southern Connecticut State University (SCSU) is a constituent unit of the Board of Regents for Higher Education (BOR), Connecticut State Colleges and Universities. As one of the State of Connecticut institutions of higher learning, we are a diverse and student-centered university dedicated to academic excellence, access, and service for the public good. Southern provides a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of its community through a campus wide commitment to social justice.
Founded as a teachers college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive public university of more than 10,000 students, offering graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston.
We are currently recruiting for two (2) Protective Service Trainees to work at our University, located in New Haven, CT a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston.
In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. Candidates invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation which supports their qualification(s) for these positions, such as a resume, performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates during the recruitment process will be provided through your JobAps portal account. Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. For all other inquiries, please contact Francesca Poole, email@example.com.
1. Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States by date of appointment.
2. Applicants must have a High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certification prior to admission to the Connecticut Police Training Academy.
3. During the period as a Police Trainee candidates will be required to complete a course of training to include completion and graduation from the Connecticut Police Training Academy program or its equivalent.
4. Appointment to this class will be for a period not to exceed twelve (12) months. Provisional appointment will be made to the target class when formal training has not been completed after twelve (12) months as a Protective Services Trainee (Police). Appointment will be made to the target class after successful completion and graduation of formal training.
5. Applicants in this class must have reached their 21st birthday.
6. Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
7. Incumbents in this class may be required to obtain and retain Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic certification.
1. Incumbents in this class must have general good health, be free from any disease or injury which would impair health or usefulness and possess and retain sufficient physical strength, stamina, agility, endurance and visual and auditory acuity to perform the duties of the class. A physical fitness assessment will be required of all applicants.
2. A comprehensive medical examination, including a controlled substance screening, will be required of all applicants upon a conditional offer of employment.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.