Do you want to make a difference while participating in a dynamic and reciprocal health care environment in the public sector? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you to join our hospital’s team!
- LOCATION: Whiting Forensic Hospital (WFH)
- ADDRESS: 70 Obrien Drive, Middletown, CT
- SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours per week, first shift, 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday
- Position Number: 137889
This is a hazardous duty position.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
As a State employee, we offer the same competitive benefits you are accustomed to. We encourage a healthy work-life balance for all employees!
DISCOVER THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Engage in a rewarding career;
- Provide support to a division that is passionate about improving the lives of those we serve;
- Assist our clients so they can achieve success;
- Make a difference in the public sector;
- Work together in a collaborative team environment.
DMHAS is a health care agency whose mission is to promote the overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient services and supports that foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency in those we serve.
WFH specializes in providing inpatient services to individuals involved in the criminal justice system. The hospital consists of 91 maximum security beds and 138 enhanced security beds. Services are provided to individuals who are admitted under the following categories: Psychiatric Security Review Board commitment, Criminal court order for restoration of competency to stand trial, Civil commitment (voluntary or involuntary) and Transfer from the Department of Correction (during period of incarceration or at end of sentence). Discharge options are dependent on legal status and the purpose of admission.
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee, who has worked for the state for at least six (6) months of full-time service or full-time equivalent service, absent any applicable collective bargaining language, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
This position may be subject to Federal requirements of COVID-19 Vaccination.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- You must specify your qualifications on your application. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
AFTER YOU APPLY
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
CONNECT WITH US
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process.
- Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Jensine Tran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency behavioral health program as part of a multi-disciplinary team at one or more locations this class is accountable for skilled clinical social work treatment and leadership services involving complex case assignments.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Independently provides highly skilled direct clinical social work treatment and/or substance abuse services to clients with complex psychological and social problems through comprehensive clinical assessments and provision of individual, family and group treatment; provides individual field work instruction and/or clinical supervision which includes instruction in use of comprehensive psychosocial assessments and current diagnostic categories, taking into consideration cultural, social, economic, medical, environmental and legal issues; develops comprehensive service plans including measurable treatment objectives; initiates consultation and collaboration with other mental health providers to improve delivery of current services and/or identify unmet needs within current service system; provides clinical supervision to Licensed Master Social Workers; assists in resolution of administrative, personnel and clinical issues in program and/or agency; develops data for statistical and planning systems and/or research and publication; prepares administrative reports and suggests operational policies and procedures; oversees development and/or implementation of individual client treatment and/or service plans; may be assigned administrative oversight of research projects; may provide clinical and/or administrative leadership to program components such as crisis intervention teams, inpatient treatment teams, case management teams, psychoeducational program services, psychosocial rehabilitation and forensic services; may provide forensic evaluations and expert testimony to courts; may represent program or agency during licensing and certification inspections conducted by regulatory bodies; may represent program or agency in liaison relationships with other community agencies and resources; may provide in-service educational presentations concerning available health, mental health and human services resources and means to access them; may chair facility or community based committees that develop policies and plans to serve psychiatrically disabled individuals; may present information on mental illness and mental health services to community groups; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of and ability to instruct others about theories of human behavior, current diagnostic categories of mental illness, family dynamics, substance abuse and human sexuality; considerable knowledge of social, cultural, economic, political, religious, medical, psychological and legal issues which influence behavior of clients, families, service programs and society at large; knowledge of statutes, regulations and standards relating to mental health services; knowledge of state law governing licensed clinical social worker practice standards; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable administrative skills; considerable ability to independently apply in practice current psychiatric treatment modalities including but not limited to behavioral, cognitive, object-relations, crisis intervention and psychosocial rehabilitation approaches; ability to integrate theory and case material in assessing and devising comprehensive treatment and/or service plans for difficult and/or complex case assignments; ability to lead task groups including but not limited to treatment teams and agency committees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
One year of experience as a licensed clinical social worker.
Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a license to practice clinical social work pursuant to Sec. 20-195 (m) through (r) of the Connecticut General Statutes.
Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain eligibility for participation in federal health care programs as defined in 42 U.S. § 1320a-7b(f).
Incumbents in this class may be required to have knowledge of sign language and communication ability with the deaf and hearing impaired in designated positions.
Incumbents in this class may be required to have ability in Spanish oral and written communication in designated positions.
Incumbents in this class may be required to be a certified Substance Abuse/HIV Supervisor.
Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.