Are you looking for a rewarding career and make a difference in the public sector?
If so, we encourage you to apply today!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) is currently seeking an experienced and qualified individual for the position of Trainer to join their team.
- FACILITY: Office of the Commissioner
- LOCATION: Office of Multicultural Health Equity (OMHE)
- ADDRESS: 410 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT
- SCHEDULE: Full-Time, 40 hours weekly, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Hybrid
- POSITION NUMBER: 137545
IN IT FOR YOU - Comprehensive
Benefits which include:
- Industry leading health
benefits, including medical and dental coverage;
- Extensive pension plan and
supplemental retirement offerings;
- Retirement healthcare
- Accrued vacation, personal and sick leave;
- 13 paid holidays per calendar year;
- Professional growth and development
- Outstanding work-life balance!
AS A TRAINER YOU WILL:
- Plan, develop, coordinate and evaluate in-service and
other training programs in specific occupational or discipline areas for an
- Research and develop course curricula, outlines and
- Provide direction to subject matter experts utilized
within training program and provide train-the-trainer services within program
- Monitor and evaluate training program outcomes including
instructor performance, participant progress and consumer satisfaction;
- Provide technical assistance and consultation to agency
managers and/or staff of organizations, which participate in particular
- Organize and maintain up-to-date training materials for
courses within training program; and
- Coordinate distribution of materials to
instructors as needed.
DMHAS is a health care agency whose mission is to promote the overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient services and supports that foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency in those we serve.
WHO WE ARE:
OMHE functions to enhance the delivery of DMHAS services for mental health and substance use disorders in a way that acknowledges the impact of individual differences on client treatment, differences such as race, ethnic or cultural background, age, gender, sexual orientation, and physical or mental status. Our goal is to assure that cultural competence is an integral quality of all services that DMHAS provides for people of every ethnic/cultural group.
This position may be subject to Federal requirements for COVID-19 Vaccination Immunization.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- You must specify your qualifications on your application. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Connect With Us:
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process.
- Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Doreen Clemson at Doreen.Clemson@ct.gov or 860-785-9855.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of tasks in preparing and conducting training programs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Prepares and conducts training courses; assists in planning, developing, coordinating and evaluating comprehensive training programs; conducts needs assessments; develops course objectives, curricula, outlines and contents; selects and develops training methods and materials; researches learning material and resources; monitors and evaluates training courses and participants progress; provides technical assistance and consultation; maintains records and prepares reports; organizes and maintains a library of training materials; may conduct drills and exercises; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of principles and techniques of training and staff development; knowledge of education methods and techniques; ability to assess training needs and determine objectives; ability to develop, organize and conduct training courses; considerable interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; ability to utilize computer software.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Six (6) years of technical experience in training, staff development, or adult education.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience in principles and techniques of training and staff development.
- Experience in educational methods and techniques for training.
- Experience with oral and written communication.
- Experience assessing training needs and determining objectives.
- Experience in the development and provision of visual, including virtual, and oral presentations.
- Experience in cultural competence, cultural responsiveness and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
1. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess specialized certifications for designated positions prior to appointment.
2 Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
3 Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.