Are you looking to Make Your Impact in state service?
Do you want a chance to help those in need?
If so, we have a role for you!
The State of Connecticut
, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Health Care Analyst (PCN 121006). This role will assist programs within our Office of the Commissioner.
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Work Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Work Shift: First shift, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Location: 410 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
State of Connecticut employees participate in a competitive comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- Industry leading health benefits with medical and dental coverage
- Generous paid time off, include 13 paid holidays per calendar year
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
- Retirement healthcare offerings
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- A healthy work/life balance!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Perform cost and fiscal analysis to determine Medicaid reimbursement rates for Targeted Case Management(TCM), Behavioral Health Homes (BHH), Outpatient and Inpatient services
- Complete random moment time studies (RMTS) administration and analysis tied to rate setting
- Perform fiscal functions related to the Medicaid Rehab Option (MRO) Group Homes including budget preparation process and oversight of annual levels of funding
- Administration, coordination, training, oversight and analysis of twice-yearly time study conducted for 14 MRO individual group homes
- Perform interdepartmental invoice reconciliation
- Analyze and evaluate provider claim expenditures and funding
- Assist on special projects as assigned
MORE ABOUT THE AGENCY AND FACILITIES:
The State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS), is a health care agency whose mission is to promote the overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient services and supports that foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency in those we serve.
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
This position may be subject to Federal requirements for COVID-19 Vaccination Immunization.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- You must specify your qualifications on your application. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Connect With Us:
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process.
- Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Joseph K. Fried at Joseph.Fried@ct.gov, 860-924-7053.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Departments of Mental Health and Addiction Services, Public Health, Social Services or the Office of the State Comptroller, this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of tasks in the analysis of financial, utilization and management records of health care facilities and/or providers or health insurance providers.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Reviews materials to determine compliance with requirements contained in Connecticut General Statutes and agency regulations; reviews and evaluates financial, utilization and management records of health care facilities and/or providers toward various ends; prepares financial, narrative and statistical reports; reviews findings and conclusions with audit staff and members of senior staff; performs special research projects as assigned; performs related duties as required.
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH: Reviews various health care facility and/or physician Certificate of Need applications; analyzes impact of proposals on other health care providers in Connecticut and makes recommendations; writes related documents and assists employees of higher grade in writing decisions; assists in preparing documentation for administrative hearings; researches and analyzes data in preparation of various health care industry reports; performs related duties as required.
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES: Analyzes and evaluates budget, expenditure, utilization, reimbursement rate setting and/or revenue issues within social services programs, including Medicaid; participates in public hearings and assists in conferring with representatives of facilities and outside experts; interacts, under guidance, with Office of the Attorney General in litigation including preparation of complete court records; may review Certificate of Need applications for nursing facility, residential care homes and ICF/MR development; performs related duties as required.
DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTION SERVICES: Analyzes and evaluates budget, expenditure, utilization, rate setting and/or revenue issues within behavioral health; analyzes General Assistance authorizations and expenditures, rate setting scenarios and new methodologies; performs related duties as required.
OFFICE OF THE STATE COMPTROLLER: Analyzes financial and utilization data from vendor and state records concerning state employees and retirees health care plans; answers inquiries from employees and retirees on issues of coverage and design pertaining to state health care plans; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of principles and practices of financial management including organization, administration, management, finance, budgeting, auditing and accounting; some knowledge of health care industry; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; ability in interpretation and analysis of complex financial, statistical and technical data; ability to utilize computer software.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Six (6) years of professional experience in financial management with some experience in health care management.
Note: Financial management is defined as professional accounting or auditing work with responsibility for the review and recommendation of financial policies and procedures of a business organization.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in accounting, finance or other closely related field or public health with some college courses in accounting or finance may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3. Professional experience in health care facility administration, health program administration, health insurance administration, health planning or other health care related fields may be substituted for the General Experience on a year for year basis to a maximum of one (1) year.
- Experience in of principles and practices of financial management including organization, administration, management, finance, budgeting, auditing and accounting
- Experience analyzing a budget and preparing related financial written reports and narratives
- Experience providing technical assistance for compiling financial documents and financial reports to ensure compliance with grant requirements and rate setting
- Experience in interpretation and analysis of financial, statistical and technical data
- Experience as a liaison with other external entities and internal agency fiscal and administrative office(s)
- Experience with MS Access and MS Excel software to create analytical reports using database queries
- Experience with interpreting federal and state laws, statutes and regulations
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.