Fort Trumbull State Park
|1/11/2023 08:15:00 AM
|$15.00 - $19.00/hour (Depending on relevant education and/or experience)
|11/27/2023 12:00:00 AM
Park Supervisor (Seasonal): Assists in the management and maintenance of seasonal operations and programs in a unit or manages the total operation of a recreational facility under the supervision of a Park and Recreation Supervisor. Supervises seasonal employees; keeps time records; evaluates work performance; assists with protective duties as required; may assist in job planning and scheduling; may schedule seasonal employees. Minimum Age: 18
Seasonal Park Ranger: Acts as primary visitor
contact, interacting with the public to assist them in the safe and orderly
enjoyment of the Park. Minimum Age: 18
Seasonal Park Maintenance Supervisor: Assists in the
maintenance of a recreational facility under the supervision of a Park and
Recreation Supervisor and/or an EP Maintainer 3. Minimum Age: 18
Crew Leader: Supervises and works with an assigned
crew of Seasonal Maintainers in activities involving the operation and
maintenance of DEEP programs and facilities. Minimum Age: 18
Seasonal Maintainer: Performs work related to the
maintenance and operation of DEEP managed lands and facilities. Minimum
Interpretive Guide: As a primary visitor contact,
works to increase the public's understanding, appreciation, enjoyment of, and
concern for the significant historic, cultural and natural resources of our
state parks and forests; may conduct a variety of interpretive programs
including, but not limited to, lectures, classes, tours, field walks, campfire
programs, and special events to a wide variety of audiences; may assist with
program development, publicity, exhibit materials, public relations, and
related maintenance and cultural duties. Minimum Age: 18
Office Assistant: Provides general office
support services. Performs a wide variety of basic clerical functions
including, but not limited to, typing, word processing, filing, answering
telephones, receiving and directing visitors, handling routine requests for
information or program materials, assisting with mass mailings, preparing
routine forms. May perform radio dispatch duties. Minimum Age: 16
Office Supervisor Provides general office and
operation support services. May be assigned the following duties: prepare
camping and/or park receipts for deposit, complete proper forms for
transmittal, maintain accountability records, prepare time sheets, prepare
requisitions; perform duties of radio dispatcher; complete required periodic
reports; arrange for film and projection equipment rentals for interpretive
programs; any of the "Office Assistant" functions. May supervise
other seasonal employees. Minimum Age: 18
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.