|Date Opened||11/22/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,041 - $63,037/year (Individuals new to state service start at minimum of the pay plan)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||12/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
Western Connecticut State University (WCSU) is a constituent unit of the Board of Regents for Higher Education (BOR), Connecticut State Colleges and Universities. As one of the State of Connecticut institutions of higher learning, this university offers undergraduate and graduate programs that weave together liberal arts and professional education and instill a desire for life-long learning.
We are recruiting for a full-time Secretary 1 to support The Office of Financial Aid & Student Employment located on the Midtown Campus at 181 White Street in Danbury, CT. The Office of Financial Aid & Student Employment is part of the Division of Enrollment Management and plays an important role in recruitment and retention. The office is responsible for the administration and management of all federal, state, institutional financial aid, and student employment. It is a high-volume office where attention to detail and prompt and excellent service is essential. This position serves as a welcoming professional and first point of contact for students, families, faculty and staff and external constituents. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Work hours will be Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Although seldom, evening hours and some weekend hours may be required for a special outreach events.
WCSU offers a comprehensive benefits package. Additional information on benefits can be found at www.wcsu.edu/hr/benefits/.
In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. Please ensure that your application is complete prior to submitting. NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, supervisory references, attendance records, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Questions about these required documents should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Hrpositions@wcsu.edu.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQ’s) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. Please regularly check your email for notifications, including your SPAM/JUNK folders. You must reply by the deadline indicated on the notification or you will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements and preferred qualifications of the position.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to Hrpositions@wcsu.edu.
NOTE: Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc.; proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine letters/memoranda, etc. (e.g. standard replies and acknowledgement letters) for supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from standard sources and prepares data reports (e.g. number of forms processed during the month).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and takes messages; answers questions requiring knowledge of terminology, organization, supervisor's responsibilities, etc. (e.g. appropriate referrals, general purpose of the unit).
6. PROCESSING: Scans correspondence; pulls and attaches related materials; reviews, routes and prioritizes mail.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; performs related duties as required.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.