Do you want to make a
difference while participating in a dynamic and reciprocal health care
environment in the public sector?
Are you ready to take the next step in
your social work career?
If so, we have an excellent
opportunity for you to join our hospital’s team.
POSITION DETAILS: The State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health
and Addiction Services (DMHAS), is
currently seeking a qualified individual for the position of Licensed Master Social Worker (PCN
26145) to join their team. This role is located at River Valley Services (RVS)
within the Mobile Response Team (MRT)/Respite Unit, 1000 Silver Street in
Middletown, CT. This is a full-time, 40
hours per week, 2nd shift position. The work schedule is as
THE ROLE: As a Licensed Master Social
Worker, you will provide clinical support and leadership to the
Respite program which provides crisis stabilization services to an eight-bed 24/7
residential program. Additionally, you will provide support to MRT which may include operating the 24/7 crisis hot-line,
joining MRT Clinical Social Worker Associates
in responding to a clinical risk assessment in the community, and collaborating
with local police to provide assessment, support, engagement, and safe
dispositions for people experiencing difficulties due to behavioral health
and/or substance-related conditions.
- Week 1: Saturday - 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. / Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. / Friday & Sunday - Off
- Week 2: Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. / Saturday & Sunday - Off
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU! Comprehensive Benefits which
leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage;
pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings;
vacation, personal and sick leave;
- 12 paid
holidays per calendar year;
growth and development opportunities;
- Outstanding work-life balance!
WHO WE ARE: DMHAS is a
health care agency whose mission is to promote the overall health and wellness
of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of
holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient services and supports that
foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency in those we serve.
Respite Unit provides short-term residential support to people with behavioral
and substance-related conditions as a step-down from psychiatric inpatient
hospitalizations, diversion for a possible hospitalization, intensive support
to individual’s experiencing significant life stressors such as homelessness,
grief and loss and placement issues.
Come make an impaCT as a Licensed Master
Social Worker at DMHAS!
We encourage you to apply
This position may be subject to Federal requirements for COVID-19 Vaccination Immunization.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- You must specify your qualifications on your application. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Connect With Us:
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process.
- Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Doreen Clemson at Doreen.Clemson@ct.gov or 860-785-9855.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency, facility or hospital this class is accountable for providing clinical social work services to a limited number of agency clients under the guidance of a licensed clinical social worker or other licensed clinical professional.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Provides clinical social work services to agency clients initially under close supervision; works more independently with acquired experience; participates as a member of a treatment team; participates in or develops psychosocial assessments through clinical interviews with assigned clients and families; develops treatment plans, prepares discharge summaries and provides individual, group and family therapy, under supervision; advocates for clients and develops resources to assist clients in meeting identified needs; completes all required documentation including progress notes, makes clinical observations of behavior of patients and/or clients; may diagnose behavioral health conditions in consultation with licensed behavioral health care professionals; provides case management services as needed; prepares assigned client research and reading activities; performs a greater number of specific and complex clinical social work duties and maintains a larger caseload as skills are acquired; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of social work methodology, casework, group work and community mobilization; knowledge of family and interpersonal relationship dynamics; knowledge of values, sanctions, purposes and ethics of professional social work; knowledge of social, cultural, economic, medical, psychological and legal issues which influence attitudes and behaviors of clients and families; knowledge of mental illnesses and substance use disorders and approaches to treatment; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; ability to devise and implement an appropriate client treatment plan.
Possess the credentials of a Licensed Master Social Worker in the state of Connecticut.
- Experience providing clinical documentation which includes treatment
planning, progress notes and assessments.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience providing both traditional and non-traditional interventions to
support recovery goals and maintain a safe and therapeutic trauma-informed
- Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain eligibility for participation in federal health care programs as defined in 42 U.S. § 1320a-7b(f).
- Incumbents in this class may be required to have knowledge of sign language and communication ability with the deaf and hearing impaired in certain designated positions.
- Incumbents in this class may be required to have ability in Spanish oral and written communication in certain designated positions.
- Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.