Under the direction of the Chief Performance Officer, these individuals will work collaboratively with colleagues in the Performance Office on a wide range of tasks including some of the following:
The ideal candidate will not only possess the requisite knowledge and skill but will also be extremely detail-oriented, accurate, hard-working, and a team player who can thrive in a dynamic environment with shifting job responsibilities (see preferred qualifications below).
- Establishing the annual calendar of data/information that must be submitted to the U.S. Department of Education (USED) EdFacts system
- Creating automated jobs through the data warehouse, where feasible, to produce EdFacts data files as well as any files for the Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC) on behalf of school districts
- Submitting all required data files and information to the USED per the annual calendar to ensure that Connecticut remains in full compliance with all federal submission requirements
- Working with colleges and universities to establish a structure and process for receiving dual enrollment data on a regular basis and integrating those data into the data warehouse
- Partnering with the National Student Clearinghouse and with the New England Secondary School Consortium to evaluate postsecondary outcomes of high school graduates
- Producing public and secure reports that highlight data trends and insights about student engagement, student outcomes, and staff topics
- Extracting and preparing data, in collaboration with researchers and other external data requesters, to support evaluation studies and projects including P20WIN
- Conducting custom studies and longitudinal analyses of student assessment data and related measures to inform the federal peer review process for state assessments
- Supporting other data analysis needs of the Performance Office as necessary
The positions are full-time (35 hours per week), first shift opportunities located in Hartford, CT, with some remote work possible after the working test period.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
The State of Connecticut offers a competitive starting salary, excellent state benefits package including health/dental insurance, generous paid time off, retirement plan options, alternate work schedules, and a culture that encourages work-life balance.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- Please select all location(s) and shift(s) you are willing to work on your application. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location or shift.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
Important Information After You Apply:
Connect With Us:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Frank DeCusati at email@example.com or 860-713-5176.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Departments of Aging and Disability Services and Education assists in planning and executing programs of extensive difficulty and scope for the improvement of education in the State.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Assists a Bureau Chief or Education Consultant in supervising various educational programs and services offered by the State; assists in the development and administration of certain programs of major importance or may develop and administer other programs within the framework of bureau policy; provides professional leadership and guidance to school authorities, professional organizations, students and various community groups and individuals; may assist in directing the routine functioning of the bureau; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of the philosophy and methods of education with particular reference to the field concerned; teaching skill; ability to prepare reports; ability to deal effectively with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
An earned advanced degree and five (5) years of professional experience OR in lieu thereof an equivalent combination of experience and training approved by the Board of Education.
- Experience utilizing Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) tools to integrate and analyze educational datasets, write custom queries, and develop interactive reports
- Experience testing and validating query results of data output
- Experience summarizing results from educational data analyses into written deliverables and interactive reports/visualizations for audiences such as educators, researchers, community members, legislators, or parents
Incumbents in this class in certain positions may be required to possess an appropriate certificate issued by State Board of Education.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.