Are you a highly motivated licensed Dentist looking to make an impact?
If so, read below and apply today!
The CT DOC shall strive to be a global leader in progressive correctional practices and partnered re-entry initiatives to support responsive evidence-based practices aligned to law abiding and accountable behaviors. Safety and security shall be a priority component of this responsibility as it pertains to staff, victims, citizens and offenders.
In this role you will,
- Provide comprehensive dental care;
- Provide examinations to diagnose;
- Treat and educate patients on their oral conditions/diseases;
- Engage in a rewarding career: Work with a collaborative team to achieve success; and
- Make an impact in the public sector.
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday, 7:00AM-3:00PM.
What we can offer you
We take part in a competitive benefits plan which includes:
In addition, the State puts an emphasis on:
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick and personal)
- Excellent health and dental coverage
- Hazardous Duty pension plan (State Employees Retirement System Tier IV) and more!
- Providing limitless opportunities;
- Hiring for diversity and fresh perspectives;
- Performing meaningful work; and
- Encouraging a healthy work life balance
Before you apply:
Important information for after you apply:
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Questions about this position should be directed to Mackenzie Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In state facilities this class is accountable for performing professional dental and oral surgical work.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Provides preventive dental maintenance and acute dental care including oral examinations and diagnoses, operative and prosthetic dentistry, exodontia, periodontia, radiology and prophylaxis; consults with physicians in order to aid in medical diagnoses by investigating possible foci of dental and oral infections which might affect physical condition of clients; requests laboratory tests and x-rays; administers drugs; responds to dental emergencies; educates clients and staff on importance of good oral health and dental services offered by facility; may participate in instruction of dental residents and dental assistant students; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of principles and practices of dental operative techniques and dental surgery; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain a license as a dentist issued by the Connecticut State Department of Health Services in accordance with the applicable Connecticut General Statutes
Incumbents in this class may be required to lift and restrain clients and may be exposed to disagreeable conditions, communicable and/or infectious diseases and risk of injury from assaultive and/or abusive clients.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.