Are you looking for an opportunity to drive continuous innovation, improve business processes, and deliver value-added programs? If so, we are looking for you!
We work with customers and team members to understand their needs and expectations. We promote learning, creativity, and improvement to meet those needs and adapt to an ever-changing environment. We value respect, integrity, excellence, diversity, and inclusion, and seek team members who share those values.
Our mission at the Department of Administrative Services (DAS) Procurement Division is to deliver value-added procurement programs and services by creating efficiencies, introducing smart technologies, and providing collaboration and strategic leadership, while acting with integrity. We are currently accepting applications for six (6) Contract Analyst positions. If you have the skills to support this mission and the goals of continuously improving customer service and business processes, fostering, and sustaining a strong work environment, strong staff performance, and being accountable while strategically aligning our resources, then we encourage you to apply.
The positions are (40) hours per week, Monday through Friday, primarily in a telework environment, and the physical office location is 450 Columbus Blvd., Hartford, CT 06103.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
The State of Connecticut offers a competitive starting salary, excellent state benefits package including health/dental insurance, generous paid time off, retirement plan options, alternate work schedules, and a culture that encourages work-life balance.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- Please select all location(s) and shift(s) you are willing to work on your application. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location or shift.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
Important Information After You Apply:
Connect With Us:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Frank DeCusati at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-713-5176.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Department of Administrative Services, this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of tasks in the procurement of commodities and/or services for statewide use with a focus on contract preparation, negotiation, contract management or customer service outreach and development.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Performs a range of procurement duties in such areas as product and service specification development; customer service delivery; marketing; contracting-negotiations; contracting-administration; project management; problem solving; utilization of technology; ensures team success through motivation, support, training and feedback; makes and follows up on work assignments; assists in evaluation of individual and team performance; works closely with other teams to ensure success; may lead day-to-day support team activities to ensure customer objectives are met or exceeded with highest quality service; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations; knowledge of procurement practices and procedures; knowledge of principles and techniques of customer service delivery; knowledge of business law and its applicability to procurement, contracting and sales; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; problem solving skills; some negotiation skills; ability to apply technology to business requirements where appropriate; ability to utilize computer software; some ability to lead a team.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Six (6) years of experience in procurement work with emphasis on contract negotiation or customer service delivery.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
One (1) year as a Fiscal/Administrative Officer performing work involving contract negotiation and customer service delivery may be substituted for the General Experience.
Two (2) years as a Purchasing Assistant may be substituted for the General Experience.
College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
A Master's degree in a related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience with Project Management
- Experience prioritizing projects with competing deadlines
- Experience communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with Customer service skills
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, including Teams
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.