Are you a current State of Connecticut, Department of Labor Employee looking for a new opportunity? If so, then we invite you to read more!
DOL Facilities is currently recruiting for one (1) full-time Property Coordinator. In this role you would be supporting staff accommodations, ergonomic accommodations, inventory controls and equipment movement throughout the state.
At the DOL we are committed to protecting and promoting the interests of Connecticut workers. In order to accomplish this ever-changing environment, we assist workers and employers to become competitive in the global economy. We take a comprehensive approach to meeting the needs of workers and employers and other agencies that serve them. We ensure the supply of high-integrated services that serve the needs of our customers.
We offer the same competitive benefits you are accustomed to including healthcare coverage, retirement plan, paid time off, including 12 paid holidays per calendar year in addition to vacation, sick and personal leave accruals. Also, group life insurance and other supplemental benefits. We encourage a healthy work/life balance to all employees.
We hope you take this opportunity to continue your career with us and make an impact by serving your state!
Important Information After You Apply:
- In order to be considered for this job opening you must be a current State of CT employee of the agency listed above for at least six (6) months of full-time service or full-time equivalent service, absent any applicable collective bargaining language, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. We are no longer accepting resumes in accordance with PA 21-69. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
Connect With Us:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- These positions will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
- Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Ethan Ives via email at Ethan.Ives@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency, this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of tasks in coordinating a statewide property program.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Coordinates a statewide program designed to fill state agency and/or town (non-profit tax exempt facilities of health education and public safety) needs for surplus, existing and/or real property involving acquisition, disbursement and/or inventorying of one or more of the following: surplus, existing or real property, materials and supplies; reviews, evaluates and makes recommendations regarding property needs, requests and utilization practices; reviews lists of available property or actual property to determine usability; makes inquiries of state agencies or towns as to possession of property; matches requests for state agencies and/or towns for property to federal surplus lists or state surplus or real property lists; maintains or supervises maintenance of inventory and necessary records and files relative to property; contacts and/or meets with government or agency officials regarding available property or requested property; prepares estimates and reports as requested; may supervise storage and distribution of property acquired in bulk; may take physical inventories of installations throughout the state; may review non-reportable property at federal locations; may plan supply requirements in accordance with departmental needs; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of materials management policies and procedures; knowledge of inventory control methods and procedures; some knowledge of real estate and/or property management; some knowledge of bookkeeping; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; ability in arithmetic computations; ability to maintain accurate records; ability to deal effectively with those encountered in the work; ability to utilize computer software.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years of experience in materials management and inventory control.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
For State employees, two (2) years as an Office Assistant performing complex clerical duties in inventory control, asset or materials management or surplus may be substituted for the General Experience.
Preference will be give tp those who possess the following:
- Experience providing customer service
- Experience lifting, installing and moving equipment up to 50 pounds with minimal assistance
Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.