Are you looking to help your state in a time of need? Does a career in state service as a Registered Professional Nurse excite you?! If so, come Make an ImpaCT by serving your state! Read below and apply today!
WHO WE ARE: The State of Connecticut Department of Children and Families' (DCF) mission is partnering with communities and empowering families to raise resilient children who thrive. We are proud of our diverse and dedicated workforce who strive every day to meet the needs of those we encounter. Currently we are seeking individuals who are looking to advance their career and make a difference.
Albert J. Solnit Children's Center- South Campus - Located in Middletown, it is widely recognized as a center of excellence for family-centered treatment of children and youth with serious emotional disturbances. This state-administered Psychiatric facility provides comprehensive care to children and adolescents under the age of eighteen, with severe mental illness and related behavioral and emotional problems who cannot be safely assessed or treated in a less restrictive setting. The South Campus consists of four co-ed hospital units and three female adolescent Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility cottages (PRTF).
THE ROLE: DCF is currently recruiting for full and part-time anticipated vacancies for RN-Nurse positions at the Albert J. Solnit South Children's Center in Middletown, CT. We are seeking dedicated and compassionate individuals to join our direct-care team to improve the well-being for our clients/patients. These positions will be filled in Middletown, full-time, part-time, first, second, and third shifts.
NOTE: Current DCF permanent employees should not apply. Permanent DCF employee transfers will be handled through the DCF Lateral Transfer Agreement. Positions through this posting are permanent positions with temporary assignments. Permanent assignments will be completed at a later date after the agency transfer list has been cleared.
These positions are located at Albert J. Solnit Children's Center- South Campus -in Middletown and can be assigned any unit and work schedule/shift.
If current DCF employees wish to be considered for a lateral transfer in compliance with contractual obligations, please apply through the Statewide Job Openings.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL: Provide substantial input regarding patient care needs; recommend modifications in the overall plan of care; complete comprehensive Initial Nursing Assessment for patients; provide direct patient care that includes education, counseling, medication administration and documentation of the treatment and progress made by the patient.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER - Comprehensive Benefit Offerings:
Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage;
Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings;
Paid time off - including 12 paid holidays per calendar year;
Professional growth and development opportunities; and
A healthy work-life balance to all employees!
*Benefit offerings will vary with part-time positions.
FOR SECOND AND THIRD SHIFT POSITIONS - YOU MAY BE APPROVED FOR AN ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION BONUS: Each Registered Nurse who is permanently assigned to the second or third shift shall receive a “recruitment and retention” yearly bonus of three thousand dollars ($3,000.00). This bonus shall be pro-rated for part-time Registered Nurses. In order to be eligible for this bonus, the Employee must have completed one year of service in the registered nurse classification.
We welcome you to be a part of a comprehensive team of caring professionals and assist our clients/patients so they can achieve success. You will experience the opportunity to make a difference in the public sector as well as Make an ImpaCT as a Registered Professional Nurse for the State of Connecticut! We encourage you to apply today!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- These positions may be subject to Federal requirements for COVID 19 Vaccination Immunization.
- These positions will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
- Candidates who meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening will be considered for this role as determined by qualifications stated on the submitted application.
- Annual salary range* based on weekly hours of position:
Part-time hourly: $36.41 - $47.68
40 hours weekly: $76,024 - $99,548
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. We are no longer accepting resumes in accordance with PA 21-69. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- Please select all location(s), shift(s), and employment status(es) (Full-time, Part-time, etc.) in which you are willing to work on your application. Failure to indicate the location(s), shift(s), and employment status(es) may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location, shift, and/or employment status.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AFTER YOU APPLY:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- Facilities may choose to review applications generated from this posting to fill Nurse positions within various locations, shifts, etc. throughout the state. If so, these positions will NOT be posted separately on JobAps. When a new, similar Nurse (Multi-Facility) posting is announced (with a recruitment number ending in DCF), you must re-apply for consideration.
- Note: A facility may have a need to post a job opening for a more ‘specific’ Nurse position geared towards the facility’s specific position(s). Those types of Nurse job openings on JobAps will NOT use applications from this recruitment pool. You must apply to those postings in order to be considered for appointment to those specific position(s). We encourage you to apply to each Nurse posting you are interested in. Please sign up for Interest Cards to be notified when Nurse recruitments are posted.
CONNECT WITH US:
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Chelsea Pasqurell at Chelsea.Pasqurell@ct.gov
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for providing a full range of professional nursing care.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Independently implements the nursing process with individuals including carrying out physicians orders regarding diet, medication and treatment; performs assessments; changes dressings; monitors and ensures quality care through observation and evaluation; reports on physiological and mental health status of individuals; documents nursing interventions on medical records; distributes and maintains records of controlled drugs and insures their security; maintains records and makes reports; makes decisions in routine cases; instructs individuals, staff and family members regarding treatments, nursing plans and related individual care issues directed towards an awareness and understanding of health/mental health issues; responds to emergencies; maintains availability of medications and supplies; ensures cleanliness of equipment and environment; may participate as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team in the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of individuals treatment or health/mental health care plans; may formulate and implement nursing care plans; may participate in outpatient clinics and assist in physical examinations; may administer routine tests; may conduct training; may delegate nursing tasks consistent with established protocols; may participate in psychotherapeutic and rehabilitation interventions; may physically restrain individuals; may provide related medical or mental health specialty services; may serve as Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of and ability to apply professional nursing theory, practice and ethics; knowledge of current medications, their actions, interactions, uses and side effects; knowledge of medical, therapeutic and psychiatric nursing interventions and methods; knowledge of and ability to apply quality standards, procedures and protocols; knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural and socio-economic difference; knowledge of and ability to apply clinical therapeutic models of individual care with emphasis on interdisciplinary team approach; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; ability to act as a role model to health care staff by demonstrating and teaching professional behaviors; ability to learn specialized individual care applicable to work assignment; ability to listen and provide empathetic assistance to individuals and families in meeting their needs and carrying out prescribed treatments; ability to develop therapeutic relationships with individuals, and their caregivers; ability to respond to emergencies; ability to respond to and seek supervision; ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride trust and group identity to foster commitment and team work; ability to analyze and evaluate proper care and treatment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a license or temporary permit as a Registered Professional Nurse in Connecticut.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to be fluent in a foreign language or proficient in the use of the American Sign Language in certain designated positions.
3. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.