About the Authority:
The State of Connecticut
, Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority (the "Authority
") is a quasi-governmental agency formed by statute and signed into law by Governor Ned Lamont in 2019. Its mission is to help Connecticut’s workforce navigate health challenges and life changes with greater financial security. Through a trust funded by workers, the Authority makes benefits payments to eligible workers when the worker takes a leave from work to care for themselves or a family member.
The Authority has an anticipated opening for an experienced and results-driven Vendor Performance Manager to monitor and evaluate vendors’ performance and adherence to contract requirements, primarily in connection with the Authority’s claims administration vendor(s)’ responsibility to provide the highest quality and efficiency of service. The incumbent may also be assigned to research and respond to claims referred due the Authority as needed. The Vendor Performance Manager will report to the Business Systems Manager.
Important Information After You Apply:
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- For assistance in applying, please visit our 'Applicant Tips on How to Apply' page.
Connect With Us:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact email@example.com
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Monitors vendor performance and compliance with contractual requirements, including service level agreements
- Assists with the development and maintenance of a comprehensive audit and compliance process
- Synthesizes, analyzes and documents compliance with performance metrics and quality control data
- Conducts quality control audits, identifies audit findings and recommends potential corrective action.
- Communicates with vendor(s) to provide counsel and coaching and to coordinate resolution of problems.
- Provide reports on various aspects of vendor performance to the Business System Manager including:
-Interpretation of metrics/data analytics.
-Performance and trends.
-Claim volume, and
-Areas that need improvement.
- Coordinates with Authority legal staff to prepare and update contracts and related documents as necessary.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging practices in the field of claim administration and vendor performance management.
- Develops or makes recommendations on development of policies and standards
- Works on special reviews and other projects as assigned.
- Attends agency meetings as required.
- 5 year’s professional experience working in a disability insurance, leave management or related areas.
- 2 year’s professional experience in vendor relations or contract management.
- Experience with statistical and data analysis and evaluation of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience performing quality control audits.
- Experience working with Salesforce and/or a Customer Relationship Management platform or audit system.
- Experience working with a culturally diverse customer base.
Other Key Skills:
- Knowledge of claims management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of quality control audit procedures.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze large data sets.
- Ability to identify, communicate and evaluate key performance indicators.
- Ability to work cooperatively with teams to deliver excellent results and maintain a collegial work environment.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong project and time management skills, including a high level of organization, attention to detail, and follow-through, while balancing and prioritizing multiple activities and responsibilities.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.