Are you an IT professional looking to support a state agency? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Read below and apply today!
The Department of Administrative Services (DAS
), Bureau of Information Technology Solutions Data Services (Bits) division is accepting applications for an Electronic Data Exchange Supervisor
The position is full time, 40 hours per week, working within the hours of 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM time with one (1) hour for lunch and to be located at 55 Farmington Ave. Hartford. This job does provide opportunity to work from home.
The State of Connecticut
is undergoing a strategic optimization of our Information Technology (IT) resources, to deliver enterprise-wide services, in more efficient and innovative ways. We are setting trends, not following them. As part of these efforts, the Department of Administrative Services Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology (DAS BEST) is joining forces with the majority of Executive Branch, Agency IT organizations, to form a new, centralized team under the Bureau of Information Technology Solutions (BITS).
The selected candidate will supervise multiple technical personnel overseeing the development and maintenance of the Department of Public Health processing for reporting and analytics. The selected candidate will lead the team in implementing best practices and meeting deadlines. Communication with the business will be a critical role for this position. This position requires reporting to upper management and business personnel on status of deliverables. It involves coaching staff members for effectiveness and assisting in career growth. Responsible for managing work for a team of individuals that develop Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) using Java, XML/XSLT, SQL, and Pilotfish (ETL tool).
What We Can Offer You
We participate in a competitive benefits package
that includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, retirement plan options, paid time off and more! We also encourage a healthy work-life balance
to all employees.
View the video below to learn what it's like to be part of this new BITS team!
Important Information After You Apply:
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Connect With Us:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency major Information Technology (IT) operational environment, this class is accountable for supervising staff and overseeing the planning, analysis, design, selection, installation and implementation of information systems and applications.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Schedules, assigns, oversees and reviews the work of staff; provides staff training and assistance; conducts performance evaluations; determines priorities and plans unit work; establishes and maintains unit procedures; develops or makes recommendations on the development of policies and standards; acts as liaison with other operating units, agencies and outside officials regarding unit policies and procedures; maintains software licensures and other related requirements; establishes and coordinates disaster recovery plan; establishes system security procedures and practices; performs facility and capacity planning and configuration management; supervises system performance analysis, tuning or storage management; develops host and network security policies; evaluates and recommends new strategies, technologies and technological directions to management; makes recommendations and maintains contracts for hardware and/or software purchases; makes recommendations for migration and system upgrade directions; oversees analysis of upgrades for complex applications to determine functionality and necessary software customization; provides technical specifications as input into Requests for Proposal (RFP) process; participates on evaluation teams that review RFP responses; oversees testing to ensure applications meet specification requirements; develops and implements database system strategies; provides resource planning; develops utilization metrics; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of relevant agency policies and procedures; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development, and computer programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of project management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles, problems and techniques of data processing and data communication operations; considerable knowledge of data processing and data communications equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; considerable knowledge of principles of complex computer operating systems; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of programming; considerable knowledge of network protocols and architecture; considerable knowledge of practices and issues of system security and disaster recovery; considerable knowledge of application's system development principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles and practices of data base management; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable problem solving skills; considerable oral and written communications skills; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable analytical skills; considerable ability to prepare correspondence, manuals, reports and documentation; considerable ability to analyze and resolve operational and communications problems; considerable ability to analyze and debug complex software programs; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; supervisory ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Nine (9) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or IT related support area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been performing advanced
technical level duties or as a working supervisor in such areas as: designing,
configuring and implementing complex networks; configuring, installing and
upgrading host based applications packages and host and/or operating system
software; system software/application development, performing any closely
related advanced technical function.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of
Information Technology Analyst 3.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience managing workflow for a team of technical individuals.
- Experience managing data flows.
- Experience managing data security.
- Experience leading technical staff members.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.